Regen Charging

dazmisiak

Mar 11, 2024
My hybrid doesn't seem to be charging whilst driving, I've got it set to high but still nothing .
I'm old GTE if I was in GTE mode it would charge and always have around 25% battery.

Does the Cupra have to be in a specific driving mode to have regen Charging ?

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
My hybrid doesn't seem to be charging whilst driving, I've got it set to high but still nothing .
I'm old GTE if I was in GTE mode it would charge and always have around 25% battery.

Does the Cupra have to be in a specific driving mode to have regen Charging ?
It only regens when braking or lifting off as far as I am aware so won't do a lot on longer motorway type journeys or short commutes. You can set it manually to recoup some battery by using the little slider in battery manager but that obviously will use more fuel.

Reactions: dazmisiak

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
You need to play with the e manager and set a percentage then it will charge using the engine… works quite well, could fully charge my battery at a long 70 km highway trip

Reactions: dazmisiak

dazmisiak

Mar 11, 2024
You need to play with the e manager and set a percentage then it will charge using the engine… works quite well, could fully charge my battery at a long 70 km highway trip
Sounds promising I'll have a look at the settings

dazmisiak

Mar 11, 2024
Any pointers on which settings, I've had a look and can't see which one to change?

dazmisiak

Mar 11, 2024
Is it this slider here?
PXL_20240322_220401665.jpg

Reactions: Richiepoos

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Yes, that's the one. The car will now attempt to charge to that level while you are driving. Be aware that if you turn off the car you will have to change this again when you restart it. You can also press the = button and that will try to maintain the battery at that level.

dazmisiak

Mar 11, 2024
I think that's what threw me, I have changed this in the past but didn't realise it reverts back after stopping..
Another little niggle with the 'e' side of things I guess but thanks for confirming

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I think that's what threw me, I have changed this in the past but didn't realise it reverts back after stopping..
Another little niggle with the 'e' side of things I guess but thanks for confirming
Almost everything resets - very annoying but obviously it's necessary for the environmental credentials (which are utter rubbish!)

Solo

May 30, 2015
Just to add to this, the setting will also reset if you change drive modes!
Oh, mine doesn't and I change drive modes all the time.

What's kind of annoying though is that there isn't a way to just run on the engine all the time (without forced regen), whilst there is still charge in the battery. Like when you don't require much throttle to maintain speed (in hybrid) it will mostly use battery until you put your foot down a bit harder. Over time, that battery use adds up!

My commute is 40 miles each way so I like to use half my battery one way and half coming back. It's tricky to not let it drop too low without using the forced regen (and using more fuel) whereas I'd prefer to just use the engine, without forced regen and without using battery.

I could of course use all the battery on the outward leg but then I'd not have charge for the return leg for any 'boost' should it be required. Saying that, it could be a more efficient way of doing it - high mpg one way, low mpg coming back = decent average?

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Oh, mine doesn't and I change drive modes all the time.

What's kind of annoying though is that there isn't a way to just run on the engine all the time (without forced regen), whilst there is still charge in the battery. Like when you don't require much throttle to maintain speed (in hybrid) it will mostly use battery until you put your foot down a bit harder. Over time, that battery use adds up!

My commute is 40 miles each way so I like to use half my battery one way and half coming back. It's tricky to not let it drop too low without using the forced regen (and using more fuel) whereas I'd prefer to just use the engine, without forced regen and without using battery.

I could of course use all the battery on the outward leg but then I'd not have charge for the return leg for any 'boost' should it be required. Saying that, it could be a more efficient way of doing it - high mpg one way, low mpg coming back = decent average?
Use intelligent hybrid mode and sat nav. That will do what you're trying to achieve.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Even when battery says no range you will still have boost. No boost only happens when you run it completely flat and you get the dreaded warning on the dash.

Reactions: Solo

Solo

May 30, 2015
Use intelligent hybrid mode and sat nav. That will do what you're trying to achieve.

I don't appear to have this feature. (2023 Leon VZ3).

In the sat nav menu, there is a 'range' button to turn on or off and the manual suggests all this does is display 'the possible range with the current charge level'.

Having used the sat nav for the first time last week to try it out (I usually use Waze), it is indeed not intelligent and I would've arrived home with 10 miles of range left, had I not manually switched to battery with 5 miles to go. That was with this 'range' button on.

Unless of course I'm doing something wrong!

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
I don't appear to have this feature. (2023 Leon VZ3).

In the sat nav menu, there is a 'range' button to turn on or off and the manual suggests all this does is display 'the possible range with the current charge level'.

Having used the sat nav for the first time last week to try it out (I usually use Waze), it is indeed not intelligent and I would've arrived home with 10 miles of range left, had I not manually switched to battery with 5 miles to go. That was with this 'range' button on.

Unless of course I'm doing something wrong!
You are right haha, its a specific custom widget. Its in the widget menu

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.