Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
This is to let you know about some changes on the way for the forums in the next few days and weeks.

Firstly we will be doing some simplification and rearranging of the forum structure. This is to make things easier to find and to get rid of some sections that aren't used as much these days. We will also be introducing some new areas.

Secondly, the forum software is migrating from VBulletin to Xenforo which will give us benefits including, better integration with our news site, better support for mobile devices as well as better search ranking on Google and various other enhancements.

The new forums will come with a new design, but we will be importing the current content so nothing should be lost.

Expect to start seeing some forum structure changes quite soon. We've yet to fix a date for the forum switchover but it will mean the forums will need to be down for a day or so to ensure all goes smoothly.

This upgrade is costing quite a bit of money so, as ever we are grateful to our sponsors and dealers who make this possible.

We also have some exciting ideas in the pipeline in terms of merchandise so watch this space.

Finally, we are considering volunteers to help with some elements of running the site. Possibly in the areas of social media activity, marketing and more. If you think you might be interested (this is always something you could put on your CV) please drop me a line at [email protected]

Thanks for reading. Any questions please ask below.

Scott

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Excellent news, great to hear. Xenforo is by far better software and something I've enjoyed for a few years now over at AVF. A very welcome change.

Not sure how I can help out to be honest Scott, but if there are some seasonal or low volume bits of work to be done, I don't mind lending a hand.

Looking forward to the merch. I could do with a little window sticker for the Leon; when it eventually arrives. Oh and a mug. My Banksy I use at work is pretty much worn out!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Not sure if I could help, I'm not massively knowledgeable with cars but I work in IT lol on the site most days...

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks for the offers of help guys. I'll ponder some more on this and probably start another thread when the time's right.

I've had a good tidy up of the forums today, moved a lot around, unstuck old threads, created new forums. There will probably still be more tweaks to come as we get ready for the big upgrade.

Any feedback on the new structure welcome.

Scott

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
First World problems but now I have to scroll to get to the Leon section haha how will I cope...

Changes look good so far.

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks, the page layout will change with the upgrade so less scrolling required (on a computer anyway)

Nothing is fixed and can't be changed around again depending on people's thoughts with use over time.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.