Checking Cupra VIN

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Hi guys I want to check my vehicles VIN number online just wondering if any of you know any free sites for this? Most are “free” but then you have to pay for the actual full report...

Salcat

Apr 30, 2019
I've used TotalCarCheck before. It's a couple of quid for a silver check but gives you loads of info including last few digits of VIN iirc.

HTH

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I've used TotalCarCheck before. It's a couple of quid for a silver check but gives you loads of info including last few digits of VIN iirc.

HTH
Thanks for the reply. Does it tell you about the optional extras etc? That’s why I mostly want it for

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Best and cheapest plan is to head to your local dealer and ask for “car data” and don’t take no for an answer!

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Does the sticker in your boot not tell you what comes with the car
Haven’t even looked lol I didn’t know about that. I’m pretty sure it’s fully loaded apart from sunroof. I was thinking though are heated seats standard? If not does this option also include the heated washer jets? I have heated seats and I’ve just ordered fan style jets (not heated).

Reactions: Silver Fox retired

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Boot sticker looks like this
afaa0da029768b5ba68477a252afeaa1.jpg

Each code details the cars options and colour etc.

I remember seeing a thread on here with a list of what each code means but I’m dammed if I can find it.

Update: Go here http://vag-codes.info to check what each code means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
Haven’t even looked lol I didn’t know about that. I’m pretty sure it’s fully loaded apart from sunroof. I was thinking though are heated seats standard? If not does this option also include the heated washer jets? I have heated seats and I’ve just ordered fan style jets (not heated).

Don't know about the Cupra, but in the FR I specced the winter pack, which came with bum warmers, heated washer jets & bottle & head lamp washers..... The heated jets & bottle are a waste of time, as they still froze last winter.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Don't know about the Cupra, but in the FR I specced the winter pack, which came with bum warmers, heated washer jets & bottle & head lamp washers..... The heated jets & bottle are a waste of time, as they still froze last winter.
Agree, heated washer jets won’t stop the washer fluid freezing in the tubing between the washer fluid bottle and the washer jets during really cold spells. The best way to minimise the risk of washer jets and washer fluid freezing is to ensure the washer fluid is at an appropriate strength for winter use.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Agree, heated washer jets won’t stop the washer fluid freezing in the tubing between the washer fluid bottle and the washer jets during really cold spells. The best way to minimise the risk of washer jets and washer fluid freezing is to ensure the washer fluid is at an appropriate strength for winter use.
They do stop water vapour in the air freezing and blocking the exit holes though. I used to have to use a pin to unblock the nozzles on my previous car despite the washer fluid not being frozen in the tubes.

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria

I remember seeing a thread on here with a list of what each code means but I’m dammed if I can find it.

I’ve just gone through the sticker that is in my book and it tells me a lot but it does not tell me what Intertainment system is in my car can anyone help please

Deleted member 103408

In that case you have almost certainly got what is called a MIB1 Unit, There is a thread on here that tells you how to confirm it from the screen which I will try and find for you.

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
In that case you have almost certainly got what is called a MIB1 Unit, There is a thread on here that tells you how to confirm it from the screen which I will try and find for you.
Thank you it is much appreciated I am dyslexic so it takes me a bit of time to go through things and find out what is what but I’ve taken a few screenshots of my entertainment system

Deleted member 103408

No problem we all like to try and help where we can.

Thanks to @Tell who is our guru for all thing to do with Navigation

Yes, that's the standard mib1 / 2 test.

https://www.seat.com/owners/my-seat/navigation/map-updates.html

Please follow these steps to check your SEAT Leon Navigation System: Press the “NAV” Button > Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.

Check the first text line in "Version information". If the first three digits are 6P0, your system version is the "Navi System - 6P0". If not, your system is the "Navi System Plus".

5F it's a mib1 unless it's where this year's I've said use the All Europe file for mib2 never released for Seat, then it too will say 5F. But for an old car with an SD card that's how you check. 6P mib2, 5f mib1 unless a new all Euro map imported which isn't populated with s Seat part number. Those are the card part numbers it shows

Hope that helps