Climatronic changed to Fahrenheit - reset trick does not work

racheinderbys

My climate display has suddenly switched to Fahrenheit. (Possibly related to children pressing buttons.) I want to switch it back. I have tried the solution in the FAQ (press and hold recirculate button, then press temp up button) and nothing happens. Except that we get recirculated air for a while. Please can someone help me.

I have tried this with the engine off and with it on, with the front and rear temp up buttons, with the front and rear temp down buttons (just for variety), with the front and rear fan up and down buttons (just in case)... I can think of no more permutations, but there must be one I am missing. I am going spare because Fahrenheit means nothing to me (at least at this time of year, I do at least remember that 70F = hot).

apparently there are two methods of doing this? depending on the age of the vehicle?

early models.... there is a reset switch behind a hole in the front panel? dont ask me where exactly :shrug: I have AC not CC

later models.... by pushing AUTO and ECON simultaneously switches the display from Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa

racheinderbys

Yes!! that worked (the auto + econ buttons). Thank you!

R

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.