Clunking when turning and accelerating??

Dan-FR

Jul 25, 2020
Leicester
Hi all... Just thought I'd have a quick fish for info before I have to borrow a ramp to have a poke around.

2.0tdi fr 170. 2012

Basically as above, noticed this weekend, if I've got a bit of lock on, and im on and off the throttle, say second gear at 2-2.5k rpm, i get a noise both when i come on and off the throttle. Not so much a bang or knock but like something has slack in it. Like a lose bolt or something. As if something is shifting forward and back when i blip the throttle.

The car passed its mot a couple months ago with no advisories, but I know that doesn't mean much. Just wondered if anyone has had anything like this before. Any help appreciated.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
From your description it’s sounds like your engine and gearbox mounts (3 of them) needs doing.
The best way to check by yourself is put your phone in the engine bay filming the top of the rocker cover get into the car with the hand brake up put the car into reverse and very slowly let go of the clutch making the car rock back and forth without moving from the spot.
if the mounts are bad your see the engine moving on your vid and then know for sure.

chances are it’ll be the dog bone that holds the lower part of the engine but ideally you should change them all to minimise the moving.

Dan-FR

Jul 25, 2020
Leicester
From your description it’s sounds like your engine and gearbox mounts (3 of them) needs doing.
The best way to check by yourself is put your phone in the engine bay filming the top of the rocker cover get into the car with the hand brake up put the car into reverse and very slowly let go of the clutch making the car rock back and forth without moving from the spot.
if the mounts are bad your see the engine moving on your vid and then know for sure.

chances are it’ll be the dog bone that holds the lower part of the engine but ideally you should change them all to minimise the moving.
Ahh thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look. I didn't know if it was a drive shaft or something. I was hoping someone has had the same issue. Thanks for the response

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise