ClutchKit / flywheel for Cupra

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
I'm looking forward to hear some experience of Clutch upgrade or ClutchKit with dual mass or Single mass flywheel.... Are there someone who could tell some information about that or have done it already for own Cupra... I mean I dont want to search upgrade when I need it, I want to know the answer before it fails.

There is a Company which name is South Bend Clutch. It offers solutions for many cars, but not for Seat => Surprice :headhurt: For MKV GTI Golf they offer a Clutch and Clutch kit with FlyWheel, so that "could be" also fit to Cupra. You can choose your "stage" and every stage have own powerlevels for hp and torque, so its quite easy. They also offer Flywheels with differents weight, which are aluminum or steel flywheel.

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/home.html

Giac offer some kind of Clutch packets, which are also separated to different stages of power. The Clutch Kit is listed also for Seat Leon, so I think so that there could be no problems with fitment.

http://www.vf-accessories.com/acc-clutch_vw4.php

Sachs offer Clutch for Leon mk2, but dont offer any Flywheels.
http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/...-clutch/seat/seat-leon-1p1-0905/index792.html

Spec offer also Clutch for Leon with different stages.

http://www.specclutch.com/

I have heard about that those SBC kits are good and the customer service is Great. Spec could be good solutions or not... Have heard bad things and also good things about Specs... Sachs could be"always good choice", but they dont offer lighter flywheel... Giac have also good reputation and Could be good Choice..

.. so if someone have experiences about upgraded clutch for Cupra...or know good options, it could be very useful for me and others.... :)

Why I need Clutch Upgrade for New Cupra ?? Maybe I dont, but I think so its going to fail soon or later with my mods + LSD and then its better to know what to do and what could be the upgrade solution ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
I have 3000 km remap and full milltek and I think another 2000 km and clutch is dead, I have offer on sachs clutch kit but is very expensive :-/

Yep.. Thats why I'm seeking information for the Clutch upgrade. Mods could be too much for the OEM clutch. MKV Golf Clutch could fit and one choice could be SBC kit with lighter flywheel, which helps to get rpms sooner and faster... too light flywheel could be problem and maybe makes some "strange noises"... I have heard about from somewhere that UK / Revo could have some experiences about SBC packets :blink: ??

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I dont think there is any point upgrading until your clutch is actually slipping.

I have a Southblend clutch kit, which came highly recommended, as opposed to the spec, which I had heard problems with.

If it fits a Golf GTI, it fits the Leon, just compare the Gearbox code :)

Last edited:

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
I dont think there is any point upgrading until your clutch is actually slipping.

I have a Southblend clutch kit, which came highly recommended, as opposed to the spec, which I had heard problems with.

If it fits a Golf GTI, it fits the Leon, just compare the Gearbox code :)

I dont mean that I'm going to change my clutch "right now" I mean, it would be nice to know what are the choices before it fails... and soon or later it will fail, cause the power levels could be over 340hp+ and torque almost 500nm with APR stage 2+ /100oct file with w.meth... :p

Can I ask what stage and what kit is on your car right now ? I could prefer SBC stage 3 and maybe with Cryogenic treatment ?? Do you have lighter flywheel ? Thanx :)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I dont mean that I'm going to change my clutch "right now" I mean, it would be nice to know what are the choices before it fails... and soon or later it will fail, cause the power levels could be over 340hp+ and torque almost 500nm with APR stage 2+ /100oct file with w.meth... :p

Can I ask what stage and what kit is on your car right now ? I could prefer SBC stage 3 and maybe with Cryogenic treatment ?? Do you have lighter flywheel ? Thanx :)

To be honest im not sure, I got it as part of a deal, so just let them do it :)

Doesnt feel too much heavier, so probably stasge 3

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
SBC Stage 3 could be fine for me and maybe with cryogenic treatment, when its time for the new clutch. Cryogenic treatment add more lifetime for the clutch and are good if you give often WOT for car.... How light the flywheel could be, thats the question... :)

caveo

I know mines a mk1 but im just waiting for my original one to go after going BT and after looking around at the options and reading up i think spec seems the way to go.

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
i will probably go for a vf stage 3 clutch and flywheel when i do my diff... no point paying for labour to take the box out twice ;)

Yes thats a good point ;) What diff you are looking ? It would be nice if you can tell later your experiences about the upgraded clutch kit and the flywheel, when you have it installed on your car :)

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
OEM Flywheel is so heavy that I'm looking flywheel/clutch kit, which can replace the oem model. If single mass flywheels are little bit louder or the sound just could kill you when you driving :blink: so maybe its have to be little bit heavier single mass or dual mass flywheel, but lighter construction could be better...

seat_lion

Oct 26, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
SMF will only be noisy when sitting still you will not notice the difference when moving

yeah i will share my experiences but doubt it will be for another couple months yet getting my coilovers first

looking at the quaife diff for it

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
Here are two Sachs Clutch kits (organic and sinter versions) with SMF...

http://goapr.de/weiterepro.html

Golf V GTI (1k) 2L-TFSI 6 speed 240mm clutch reequipping kit
inclusive Sachs 1 masses steel flywheel (organic lining) max. 530 Nm
€ 1359,-

Golf V GTI (1k) 2L-TFSI 6 speed 240mm clutch reequipping kit
inclusive Sachs 1 masses steel flywheel (sinter lining) max. 600 Nm
€ 1399,-

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise