Coilover Advice...

elcristoff

Cupra Sport ****yeah!
Apr 8, 2009
Portsmouth
Hi all,

Been searching Ebay for a while to find some decent coilovers, for a reasonable price.

I've narrowed it down to two sets, Jamex, and another brand i have never heard before, UKno.1.

I was wondering what it is that makes coilovers better or worse? In comparision to these two, they both look about the same quality, yet one is £60 cheaper cause it is an unknown brand.

Thanks,
Chris

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Hi all,
I was wondering what it is that makes coilovers better or worse? In comparison to these two, they both look about the same quality, yet one is £60 cheaper cause it is an unknown brand.

Thanks,
Chris

The price difference will be driven by the quality and finish of the components / materials, and in some part how much R&D has gone in to developing the product for YOUR specific car.

If you think No.1 Coilovers are going to still be in business to offer you warranty or support in the future you might be presuming too much, so pay a little more today and suffer a little less in the future.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I bet the ukno1 are exactly the same as the jamex ones, just a cheap company knocking them out and people wacking there stickers on them. If you need to replace your suspension then maybe go for them but if you just want coilovers and your not going to spend big money expect your coilovers to wear out and die within a couple of years.

GMInsite

Apr 3, 2009
I got hottuning coilovers the cheap ebay specials at £200 delivered . Im not too bothered if they go wrong as they have 3 year warrenty

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
i got the TA's for 170 delivered from ebay germany...210 on club polo from Phil Jackson at the time i think. a lot of the german sellers have a best offer facility so always worth a punt and see how much you can get away with. i went £50 under the b.i.n price and got a result within a few mins... :) wonder how come the postage from germany is usually cheaper from anyone here though :shrug:

Feb 26, 2009
London
I got fully adjustable koni's and they great but that came at price (£850) :( they have on potn.co.uk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.