Comfort control module location?

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any infortmation on where the comfort control module is located on the 2010 Ibiza Mk5? Also if anyone has amy info on removal thay would be a bonus.

Thabks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
What does the confort module do?
From what I have seen from other VW brand cars, it seems to have a control over alarm, windows, doors etc. Seems to be a common thing that can go wrong and cause locking issues etc.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
From what I have seen from other VW brand cars, it seems to have a control over alarm, windows, doors etc. Seems to be a common thing that can go wrong and cause locking issues etc.

What is the issue you are having?

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
did you check the wiring, particularly the connection between the door and the car?

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
did you check the wiring, particularly the connection between the door and the car?
If you mean the wiring that is behind the plastic trim in the boot. Yeah I looked at it all, all looks fine, even spraed contact cleaner.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The CCM will probably now be called the BCM and is in roughly the same place "above" the pedals, a black plastic blob with many connectors, usually held in place by a plastic cage or screws.

Edit:- can you explain how you examined the section of wiring between the rear hatch and the car?

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
The CCM will probably now be called the BCM and is in roughly the same place "above" the pedals, a black plastic blob with many connectors, usually held in place by a plastic cage or screws.

Edit:- can you explain how you examined the section of wiring between the rear hatch and the car?
Thanks for this rum. Regarding the wires, took off the boot plastic trim, and disconnected the connectors from the S switch and locking mechanism. I looked down them and sprayed contact cleaner + replaced locking mechanism and tested a working S switch from another seat Ibiza that works and still nothing. Now (see pic) these wires (black and yellow blocks) is where I do struggle with as you can lift a little flap for the brown earth wires and they were fine there, but how to disconnect them I wasn't sure and worried I was going to break something. I did test the rear hatch for leaks and no water was getting in anywhere.

So any advice all is welcome.

690f8846401a799036a939dd01317fe9.jpg

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd think that you will need to remove some trim from inside the rear of the car and pull the harness backwards into the car so that you can examine all the leads passing from the car into the hatch - starting with firmly checking over the length of wires within the rubber boot/tube at the hatch hinges, sometimes you can feel or make out roughness that you get when the insulation breaks and strands of wire fracture. If/When you find partially broken or broken wires, you will need to splice in lengths of wire to repair so that there are no joins within the area that gets flexed when opening the hatch.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
I'd think that you will need to remove some trim from inside the rear of the car and pull the harness backwards into the car so that you can examine all the leads passing from the car into the hatch - starting with firmly checking over the length of wires within the rubber boot/tube at the hatch hinges, sometimes you can feel or make out roughness that you get when the insulation breaks and strands of wire fracture. If/When you find partially broken or broken wires, you will need to splice in lengths of wire to repair so that there are no joins within the area that gets flexed when opening the hatch.
Hey Rum and to all, in the end the car when back to seat. They rectified the problem. They said it was a broken wire. It appears the broken wire was inside the black connector block in the boot (as I said the one i did not know how to open). The technician said he has hard wired it now, so completely missed out the connector and crimp connected both ends. This has solved the problem for now. See pictures of before and after (repair).

Alittle annoying that I just needed to get into that black connector and I would of seen a broken wire, but even now I don't no how it is clipped together, but you live and learn and hopefully someone can show me how to open it lol.
0db0944381060db04eb0f1cf2331bc83.jpg
189e1b9b31b06c3c09c55c22cd50c497.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members