Coming Home Lights

KathW26

I have now managed to figure out how to activate the coming home lights, however was wondering if anyone knew of a way that this would automatically happen every time you get out or whether you do have to activate it every time?

Also does anyone know whether leaving home lights can be activated via VAG-COM?

Thanks

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I believe that once it activated it should be operational all the time and not need to be re-activated every time. If that's the case I think something is wrong.

KathW26

I believe that once it activated it should be operational all the time and not need to be re-activated every time. If that's the case I think something is wrong.

I activated it the yesterday, locked the car, opened it got back in and it wasn't working then and that was in the space of about 5 minutes

jnbeachbum

It's not automatic, you just need to flash your lights once you've switched the engine off, before taking the key out or opening the door.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It usually comes with auto lighting, as this isn't a factory option it won't work automatically.

KathW26

It usually comes with auto lighting, as this isn't a factory option it won't work automatically.

Forgive me for sounding stupid but do you mean that the car normally comes with automatic lights - so when it gets dark or rains etc the lights come on, on their own??

As when I looked the daytime running lights came with the Bi-Xenon headlights - and I didn't opt for this but the coming home function came with the convenience pack.

Sorry for sounding daft!!!!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Not daft at all.

Auto lights aren't a factory option so neither will coming home lights be as normally they are paired together.

However I could be wrong, seems to happen a fair bit recently as we get fed a miss match of info between us and euro cars a fair bit.

Last edited:

SunnyP

Mine doesn't seem to work all the time, I think it is time dependent.

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
after 1 month, i successfully activated it ;) , but not as the manual said to open the door 1st and then push the light lever, i pushed & pulled (hehe) before opening the door and then opened the door, the light came up immediately for 30 sec .

KathW26

I took convenience pack which says it comes with coming home lights.

Me to and as kareemsafwat said I activated it but not as it tells you to in the manual and it also doesn't say in the manual that you have to activate it every time either - I was led to believe that it would happen every time you got out of the car. Although I could have been mis-led by the whole 'convenience pack' thinking everything would be simple for our 'convenience'

Thanks techie any more information would be great. I tried plugging into the diagnostic port - however it said that it didn't have enough information on long coding to be able to help - otherwise I was going to see whether i could get it to work permanently or activate leaving home lights but alas I couldn't :cry:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Correct me if I am wrong too but should all the options a person selects on their car not already be activated when you collect the car???!!! I have honestly never heard of having to "activate" options you have paid for. Am I mistaken in assuming that it should all be working already?

KathW26

Correct me if I am wrong too but should all the options a person selects on their car not already be activated when you collect the car???!!! I have honestly never heard of having to "activate" options you have paid for. Am I mistaken in assuming that it should all be working already?

I agree - I had a golf before I changed my car on Monday and when that arrived everything was already activated on it - and that had coming home lights etc on and they came on, on their own and I was led to believe that they would be the same on the Seat but they clearly aren't.

I haven't got a clue how half of the extras I brought work because when i picked the car up I wasn't shown as they had too many to hand over that day that I was pretty much just given the keys....i.e. Tyre Pressure Monitoring how on earth does that work??? *sigh* part of the fun i guess.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Tyre pressure monitoring is pretty simple, if the light comes on check your tyres. To set the system hold down the button.

KathW26

Tyre pressure monitoring is pretty simple, if the light comes on check your tyres. To set the system hold down the button.

Oh ok thanks for this - when I read the manual it was rather vague so thought it was too simple to be true.

Last stupid question now....after pluggging in the diagnostics cable all we could make out was that it was saying it had washer warning lights activated for when your washers are running low - is this actually the case or is this something that can be activated?

I'll try to stop asking questions now. :redface:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Unless you have xenon headlamps you don't have the sensor in the bottle for water level.

handyandy

HandyAndy
Oct 14, 2009
Crewe
I have a Boc fitted with xenons - do I get a warning when the washer fluid is low or not?
People tell me no Ibizas have any warning!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
According to what techie says you should get a warning when it gets low. Only one way to find out. Start spraying away and wait for the buzz hehehehehehe

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise