Connect App and Sat Nav

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
The connect app and sat nav aren’t very intuitive.

if I am travelling somewhere - how do I find location on app and send to car with out adding as favourite ?

I did think I got this working and sent to car but wasn’t set when I got in or in recent list or anything.

any tips?

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Search for a destination in the app, then click Use in Car. Sometimes it works straightaway other times it turns up in the car later usually while Im on my way already or sometimes after ive got there! So it must take a while to get from your phone to the car.

Reactions: bounderboy

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Search for a destination in the app, then click Use in Car. Sometimes it works straightaway other times it turns up in the car later usually while Im on my way already or sometimes after ive got there! So it must take a while to get from your phone to the car.
It's weird - how you search for a destination.. I can do it by going to a favourite then searching for the address - but that seems an odd way to access it rather than having a search destination button,

Also really odd how you see location of car by again going to a favourite and hitting the car location icon. Why is there no dedicated button to do that - or a map button that starts located on car.

It's very weird

(Also to response to use Android Auto, I do have car play and much prefer Waze, however everytime you need to do something in screen you are a few buttons away from flicking back to your map. I never have turn by turn on as it is annoying so like to glance at directions. Which works much better with the inbuilt SatNAV. If i could stay in CarPlay for everything then wouldn't really matter but it is always getting hidden..)

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
That's odd. I go to map at the bottom of the app. That shows where I am and at the top there's a magnifying glass 🔎 symbol, click that and search as you would in Google. Name or post code etc. It'll then show you the address with a big copper button saying use in car.

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
That's odd. I go to map at the bottom of the app. That shows where I am and at the top there's a magnifying glass 🔎 symbol, click that and search as you would in Google. Name or post code etc. It'll then show you the address with a big copper button saying use in car.
I knew it was something obvious.. and I was the one that was mad... I am not sure how I didn't notice MAP tab!

Reactions: dazed
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.