Convenience Pack - No auto wipers!!

GRECIANITE

Nov 1, 2014
Hi,

I might be very wrong, but I think I've paid for the convenience pack, but not got auto wipers?

The auto dimming light is there (well the mirror has a light on under it and a switch), but when it rains the wipers don't come on!? I've looked at the manual and on the right stalk there is no switch for the auto wipers (similar to what you have for cruise control). Have SEAT and my dealer missed this, or is it me!?!
IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
you need to switch the wipers on by pushing it up one click. then the wipers will change speed according to how much rain there is.

GRECIANITE

Nov 1, 2014
you need to switch the wipers on by pushing it up one click. then the wipers will change speed according to how much rain there is.

One click up is intermittent isn't it, then the next 'speed 1' and the next 'speed 2'?

Does my picture of the stick, look like yours, i.e. no switch on the end of the stick?

Thanks

KenTT

Tonight has been the first time I have driven the car in rain (very light) and yes the wipers did seem to have a mind of their own (including the tailgate wiper) so I guess they were auto sensing.

I have yet to drive it in heavier rain.

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
One click up is intermittent isn't it, then the next 'speed 1' and the next 'speed 2'?

Does my picture of the stick, look like yours, i.e. no switch on the end of the stick?

Thanks

One click up is automatic intermittent. The wipers wont switch on by themselves.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Intermittent position is auto but it needs to be turned on in the system as well. It can be disabled so intermittent is intermittent.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Intermittent position is auto but it needs to be turned on in the system as well. It can be disabled so intermittent is intermittent.

Also the button on the top of the stalk controls the sensitivity, to the right more, to the left less sensitive. (think I have it the right way round), but it still goes a bit mad now and again, when it does the opp of what you need for the given rain falling.:confused:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
even with auto you always have to kick start it, by dropping the stalk to "off" and then up to auto/intermittent.
every time you switch the engine off.
DOH!

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
even with auto you always have to kick start it, by dropping the stalk to "off" and then up to auto/intermittent.
DOH!

I don't have to do that, they come on themselves without me having to do anything.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
DOH!

Is that not just in the mk2? Mine works without resetting the stalk.

The only annoying thing I've found is that if it's been raining and you start the engine, you'll need to move the stalk to clear the window unless it's still raining.

If it is raining they will automatically wipe, if it's light rain it may take a few secs as you drive off for it to wipe but you def don't need to move the stalk to start it.

ITMonkey

Jul 13, 2004
You shouldn't need to "reset" by switching them off and back on. The switch on top of the stalk controls how sensitive they are. Sometimes they do go a bit mad and do 2 or 3 really fast wipes, but soon settle back to normal afterwards.

rossco775

Mar 16, 2012
Is that not just in the mk2? Mine works without resetting the stalk.

The only annoying thing I've found is that if it's been raining and you start the engine, you'll need to move the stalk to clear the window unless it's still raining.

If it is raining they will automatically wipe, if it's light rain it may take a few secs as you drive off for it to wipe but you def don't need to move the stalk to start it.

That's there so if you come out to your car and the windscreen is frozen you don't destroy your wipers when you start your car, if you have left them on. It's saved my wipers when I forget to put the wipers back to stop position the night before and the windows froze up that night. Bosch wiper aren't cheap!!

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
surely it very easy to tell if you have it installed or not

(i cant see your pic because at work) but if you have the rain sensitivty switch ontop of your stalk you have it, if you dont, then you dont have it???

Scarus

May 7, 2014
surely it very easy to tell if you have it installed or not

(i cant see your pic because at work) but if you have the rain sensitivty switch ontop of your stalk you have it, if you dont, then you dont have it???

I don't have the convenience pack and mine looks exactly the same, don't think it's that easy sadly. However, the switch ontop of mine adjusts intermittent speed instead of sensitivity.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.