Coolant and air con leak! Possible solution?

Onni92

Feb 19, 2014
So I have finally sorted out my rough idling by replacing the Maf sensor. The last things on the list of things that need sorted before its 100% problem free is the leak in coolant system and air con.

I've had the coolant system pressure tested and it held pressure so problems according to the garage. After that I went away and put some kseal in the tank and I though that sorted it but it looks like it hasn't!

The other thing is the air con, I tried to get it regassed a few months ago, however hey said it was just pouring out and that they can find the leak by putting some dye in the system and see where it comes out.

This made me do some searching on google and you can buy dye specific for the coolant system and air con.

If I buy these does anyone have any tips as to how to use them to find the leak in my coolant and air con? Like what shall I look out for? I know the coolant should be easy, jus put the dye in the expansion tank, run the engine and use the uv light to see where it's coming from. I'm just not so sure about the air con, like where the dye goes or where to look for the leaks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.