Cost of spare key

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Any ideas how much it’ll cost to get a spare key made up? Bought the car from a non-Seat dealer, and they said they would “look into” getting me a spare key, but pretty much BS’d me leaving me to sort out one myself.

It’s not the full wireless key, still need to press a button to lock/unlock. Spoke to the local Seat dealer when I booked in for software updates and SOS fix, but they wouldn’t give a cost for it…

Cheers.

key-back-scaled.jpg

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Sounds like BS that SEAT wouldn't tell you the cost, go back and speak to someone else. Not the same thing but I bought a Ducati with only one key/fob last year, the dealer got me a 2nd key/fob, and put a new code into both keys, so that the missing key couldn't be used to start the bike. At the moment someone else could easily take your car with the key you didn't get.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Yeah that’s exactly it. No idea who’s got the other key, but at least there’s no profile on the car reporting position to someone else…

I’ll be getting them to sort a new key and remove the missing key from the system when it’s in for the SOS fix, just wondering what the damage to my wallet will be.

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Things can get a bit sticky with insurance too, if the car gets nicked, and you don't have both keys. I think it depends on the manufacturer, but a new key could be somewhere between £100-300.

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
I bought my daughter a Fiesta Zetec 3 years ago, that only came with one key. Found someone that could supply and code another key for less than £100.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
I bought my daughter a Fiesta Zetec 3 years ago, that only came with one key. Found someone that could supply and code another key for less than £100.
I’ve tried most of the local auto locksmiths. The ones that actually bothered replying said they can’t do that type. Dealership was last option but at least they’re able to do it

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Don't think it was a locksmith, it was a guy that did key recoding from his house. The guy seemed legit, but let's face it, if criminals can open and nick cars off drives, it can't be that hard.

Reactions: Alex667
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.