Cruise control not working

batmannn

Apr 2, 2022
Yes, if you haven't accidentally turned it to off from under steering wheel then could be turbo as that was my first sign turbo on way out.

batmannn

Apr 2, 2022
Apologies, from under the wipers stick not the steering wheel, my driving is better than my advice 😀

Reactions: CW92

batmannn

Apr 2, 2022
On wiper shift under side, fingers crossed, no turbo then this is my only thoughts good luck

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
could be clutch or brake switch

check is brake lights come on when you brake.

clutch switch usually it throws a error code, and can be tested through measuring blocks in VCDS

Aug 30, 2022
could be clutch or brake switch

check is brake lights come on when you brake.

clutch switch usually it throws a error code, and can be tested through measuring blocks in VCDS

It’s neither of them but cheers. Must be too do with the amount of electrical mods I’ve done to the car.

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Anyone know which measuring blocks test this? I've only got 'advanced measuring blocks' option in vcds in engine (its genuine version bought direct from authorised supplier). Its on a dsg so not clutch switch. I have ticked all cruise options in advanced measuring blocks & can see the graph move when I turn the main switch on & off (on top of indicator stalk) and can see the brake switch graph moving as it should but nothing with the rocker on the end so suspect its the stalk thats shot but be good to know for sure prior to ordering one
Cheers

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
what about the clutch? there is one measure that should be changing when you press the clutch. The clutch sensor is a common fail.

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
It’s dsg so no clutch switch & can’t see an inhibitor switch signal like you would get on the older ones

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Not stalk, not brake switch, not one of the obd devices connected for hud etc. Think the gearbox map may have had a hissy fit so will continue investigating

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Still no idea why this ain't working. TPMS working, brake switch working, ESP working, according to VCDS all the buttons on the stalk are working but its still not playing ball. Further parts & investigation needed. Seems to have had a hissy since the ABS sensor & rear calipers have been changed

seattod

Aug 3, 2023
Yes, if you haven't accidentally turned it to off from under steering wheel then could be turbo as that was my first sign turbo on way out.
Your cruise control stopped working because of your turbo? I have an overboost condition and guessing my turbo could be on the way out too so wanting to know weather this is the culprit?

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Interesting. Ordered a turbo to check for mine. Seemed rude not to lol

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Update. New steering control module / clock spring. New turbo. Brake switch / lights work. Tpms work. All wipers work & lights. If I use vcds & trigger each button for cruise, its state changes so the buttons on stalk work. Cruise still showing as active / ticked in long coding. No idea why it’s not working & now getting a bit annoyed with throwing parts at it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members