Crystal Black CUPRA Ateca

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
Had the car since March '20 and have been really pleased with it. Only annoying things to report are that I almost had it stolen overnight 2 days after receiving it(!) and that I spec'd 10k miles a year and only managed to put 4k on it!

Previous car was a Leon CUPRA 300 and it really does feel faster than it despite the same engine and size. It surprises every new passenger!

InkedIMG_20200306_091516_LI.jpg
IMG_20200305_173352.jpg

Reactions: Syphon

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Had the car since March '20 and have been really pleased with it. Only annoying things to report are that I almost had it stolen overnight 2 days after receiving it(!) and that I spec'd 10k miles a year and only managed to put 4k on it!

Previous car was a Leon CUPRA 300 and it really does feel faster than it despite the same engine and size. It surprises every new passenger!

View attachment 22065
View attachment 22066
Hope you do not mind asking but how was the car almost stolen? I am looking at shielding the key if it is keyless entry as that seems to be an issue.

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
Hope you do not mind asking but how was the car almost stolen? I am looking at shielding the key if it is keyless entry as that seems to be an issue.
They snapped the lock of my front door but when the house alarm went off, they scarpered! Caught the w@nkers on camera as well. Now have an anti snap lock and sash jammers to make me feel a little safer. Never had any attempted break ins when I had the Leon CUPRA though.

Wrt shielding the key, I always keep it in a faraday pouch just to make sure no one tries that! haha

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Glad you are ok .
Did not think Cupra would draw as muck interest. Felt the same with the Leon Cupra. Thought it was the Audio and BMW makes that were of interest to thieves
Have lights and cctv but will recheck security

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members