Cupra 300 information

mdking

May 14, 2010
Evening everyone,

I have viewed a Cupra 300 (Nov 17 Plate) this weekend, 5 Door hatch in Blue.

Just browsing the forum to see if there is anything that I should check for on the 300’s before a potential purchase?

Is there any major problems with the engine or DSG? (I know the DSG is the 6 speed wet, I’m coming from the 7 speed dry box)

Apologies if there is a sticky with all this information already.

Thanks
Matt

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...you'll be one of the last 300bhps
Describing a November 2017 car as 'one of the last' is a bit of a stretch. Do you even have the first clue how many have been registered in the 9 months since then?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
is it a PX67 plate one? The reason I ask is there's a Mystery Blue one at my local garage too.

Mines a 67 plate DSG Cupra 300 and I love it. All I can say is go for it if the deal suits you. the DSG box takes a bit of getting used to if coming from a Manual but i'm happy with mine and as you are already coming from a DSG there shouldn't be any issues for you.

Last edited:

mdking

May 14, 2010
is it a PX67 plate one? The reason I ask is there's a Mystery Blue one at my local garage too.

Mines a 67 plate DSG Cupra 300 and I love it. All I can say is go for it if the deal suits you. the DSG box takes a bit of getting used to if coming from a Manual but i'm happy with mine and as you are already coming from a DSG there shouldn't be any issues for you.

Not the PX67, just got to get used to the electronic handbrake:)

silles

May 4, 2017
Evening everyone,

I have viewed a Cupra 300 (Nov 17 Plate) this weekend, 5 Door hatch in Blue.

Just browsing the forum to see if there is anything that I should check for on the 300’s before a potential purchase?

Is there any major problems with the engine or DSG? (I know the DSG is the 6 speed wet, I’m coming from the 7 speed dry box)

Apologies if there is a sticky with all this information already.

Thanks
Matt
I have the same spec, just 2018, all good so far ...

yours is 2017 so u have 2+ years of warranty ...

Reactions: mdking

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
It'll have the analogue dash board, if you want the digital dash then you have to find one built in 2018. Otherwise it's so new unlikely to have a major fault and covered on warranty anyway. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

mdking

May 14, 2010
It'll have the analogue dash board, if you want the digital dash then you have to find one built in 2018. Otherwise it's so new unlikely to have a major fault and covered on warranty anyway. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Digital dash looked nice, but I’m happy with the current dash.

Got a few options on the car so, all happy

Last edited:
Reactions: silles
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members