300 ST DSG

300stdsg

Dec 20, 2022
Hi guys and gals. New to here so apologies if this is the wrong section. Looking to get a 300 st dsg 4drive and have heard there is a lack of farts with the dsg on the estate. Is this true? The child in me would like to have the sound and want to know best way without having to deafen the neighbours on start up

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
You are in the right place, and welcome.

The estate is quiet in this respect, but it does depend which version you go for.

From September 2018 the WLTP (new emissions cycle cars were introduced - copper SEAT badge) - these have the gasoline particulate filter and no central resonator - therefore there is little you can do to improve the sound; even expensive full aftermarket exhaust systems do little to improve the acoustics.

Pre-September 2018, there was no gasoline particulate filter, and a removable central resonator that does improve the acoustics you desire.

There are a number of threads describing the differences of the ST300 pre/post WLTP. I guess it depends what you want.

For tuning: 'pre' has multiport injection, exhaust as above.

For spec: 'post' has improved digital dash, 7spd DSG.

300stdsg

Dec 20, 2022
You are in the right place, and welcome.

The estate is quiet in this respect, but it does depend which version you go for.

From September 2018 the WLTP (new emissions cycle cars were introduced - copper SEAT badge) - these have the gasoline particulate filter and no central resonator - therefore there is little you can do to improve the sound; even expensive full aftermarket exhaust systems do little to improve the acoustics.

Pre-September 2018, there was no gasoline particulate filter, and a removable central resonator that does improve the acoustics you desire.

There are a number of threads describing the differences of the ST300 pre/post WLTP. I guess it depends what you want.

For tuning: 'pre' has multiport injection, exhaust as above.

For spec: 'post' has improved digital dash, 7spd DSG.
Thank you for that. So looking at a 2017 should mean some sounds, or if worst comes to it a cheeky res delete to help?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
In theory yes, but it won't sound like an Audi RS.

Have a look at the different specs side by side and see what you want the most.

Reactions: 300stdsg

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Just fyi as I have a 2017 Cupra 300 Estate with loud DSG farts, they are not there stock. Even a res delete with stock exhaust does not give them. The rear silencers are really restrictive in noise. You need to change them to a more open system. I fitted the Mk7.5 Golf R Estate exhaust rear boxes with a res delete and now I get them all the time. I bought it second hand for about £70. I'd recommend getting these or a more pricey system if you like. But just a res delete alone isn't enough from my experiences.

Reactions: 300stdsg

300stdsg

Dec 20, 2022
Just fyi as I have a 2017 Cupra 300 Estate with loud DSG farts, they are not there stock. Even a res delete with stock exhaust does not give them. The rear silencers are really restrictive in noise. You need to change them to a more open system. I fitted the Mk7.5 Golf R Estate exhaust rear boxes with a res delete and now I get them all the time. I bought it second hand for about £70. I'd recommend getting these or a more pricey system if you like. But just a res delete alone isn't enough from my experiences.
Thanks for that buddy. Seems like the vw group allowed the golf to have all the fun then. So literally golf r estate gets everything from stock, but they quietened everytbing else down?

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Thanks for that buddy. Seems like the vw group allowed the golf to have all the fun then. So literally golf r estate gets everything from stock, but they quietened everytbing else down?
Correct. As I understand VW allowed Seat to use 4drive on the estates but have to be quieter than the Golf R Estate as it's a cheaper car and might outsell it. Likewise the Hatchback has the 300 engine, but does not have 4wd or it may outsell the Golf R Hatch.

I'd grab a golf r exhaust (like I did) as I like the oem quad tips look, and you'll get the noise you're after. There is a bit of drone with the res delete on the motorway but I don't find it bad. I don't daily the car as well but around town normal driving you have no drone.