Cupra 300 ST 4Drive DSG exhaust swop for Cupra R ST one

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Hi, sorry for another exhaust question on here!

Can I swop out the twin pipe exhaust on my 300ST 4Drive DSG 2019 facelift, for the Carbon R ST quad tip one with no res box fitted?

Is it a straightforward swop if not what are the differences I need to be aware of. Also can it be done DIY.

Have heard the 300 has a single resonator in the centre pipe but I cant see this on mine?

Any help appreciated, cheers

IMG_0866.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi, sorry for another exhaust question on here!

Can I swop out the twin pipe exhaust on my 300ST 4Drive DSG 2019 facelift, for the Carbon R ST quad tip one with no res box fitted?

Is it a straightforward swop if not what are the differences I need to be aware of. Also can it be done DIY.

Have heard the 300 has a single resonator in the centre pipe but I cant see this on mine?

Any help appreciated, cheers

View attachment 19470
There is a whole thread on this if you search golf r exhaust. This exhaust if off the Golf R Estate, just black tips.

Your car is still a a GPF car, and the estate GPF cars don't have the resonator. Here is a diagram I pieced together to show the differences between systems, however doesn't take into account anything internally in the silencers.

1603970866527.png

The R ST with the 4 exhaust pipes is laid out the same as the 4drive GPF, its just got 4 exits out of the rear silencers, and likely different internals to support them.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
As per @Damo H ’s post above, the single resonator on the 300 ST was removed circa Oct 18, when the Cupras were WLTP compliant and had the OPF/GPF fitted.

FWD cars have the single OPF/GPF, and the 4WD ST has a dual OPF/GPF.

ST R is based on the ST variant post Oct 18, so will be broadly similar in layout to your current car.

Instead of the ST R exhaust, there are a number of manufacturers that are now doing OPF back aftermarket quad tip exhausts. If you go for the quad tip, you may require a different diffuser on the bottom of the rear bumper to allow additional width (carbon edition / R had a carbon version).

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
There is a whole thread on this if you search golf r exhaust. This exhaust if off the Golf R Estate, just black tips.

Your car is still a a GPF car, and the estate GPF cars don't have the resonator. Here is a diagram I pieced together to show the differences between systems, however doesn't take into account anything internally in the silencers.

View attachment 19473

The R ST with the 4 exhaust pipes is laid out the same as the 4drive GPF, its just got 4 exits out of the rear silencers, and likely different internals to support them.

This looks like a perfect candidate for a resource/guide @Lozzy15 ? :)

Reactions: Lozzy15

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Excellent thanks all, so should be straight swop just to consider rear diffuser fit which I have been looking at changing anyway. Suppose in the short term could cut standard diffuser for clearance if req.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Epic thread revival here guys.

I’m looking for an aftermarket exhaust for my R ST.

The Remus one is a tad too expensive for my liking and the recently released Scorpion one has round tips and not oval, so doesn’t look that great with the Cabin diffuser (doesn’t fill gap in diffuser enough)

soooo

Milltek to a quad (oval) tipped GPF exhaust for the Golf R Estate.
Milltek SSXVW490

Would this be a staight fit on an R ST ??

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

The Remus one is a tad too expensive for my liking and the recently released Scorpion one has round tips and not oval, so doesn’t look that great with the Cabin diffuser (doesn’t fill gap in diffuser enough)

soooo

Milltek SSXVW490

When you checked the price of the Remus, did you check which tips. One of the Tip options doubles the price of he exhaust.

As a minimum you need 100mm tips for that rear diffuser, something the Remus offers, but as you say Scorpion doesn't.

Photoshop of 100mm circular tips for reference...

1651358653721.png

ChocoHR

Apr 25, 2022

soooo

Milltek SSXVW490

I got the non opf one (Fox) for my OPF ST . You can get it with or without the middle silencer (mine has it as I wanted to avoid droning and be more civilized)

It was plug and play using a downpipe with OPF delete.

5d0106f110cbbe46b92ad1208a092fe1.jpg

b7be917bd0cc3deb35b3278c184ac578.jpg

9badc6e0fe535ce55ba5e279d03981fa.jpg

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
When you checked the price of the Remus, did you check which tips. One of the Tip options doubles the price of he exhaust.

As a minimum you need 100mm tips for that rear diffuser, something the Remus offers, but as you say Scorpion doesn't.

Photoshop of 100mm circular tips for reference...

View attachment 31363
Cheers Damo, I was hoping you’d have some expert input on this.

Yeah the Remus with Carbon tips is £2100 now (it went up about £200 last year)
With Chrome tips it’s £1400, but a don’t think they will be a good match for an R ST colour wise.

What you say is spot on, about the tip sizing.

I’ve pretty much been out off the Milltek route now as a few people have mentioned quality can be hit and miss.

gege28

May 1, 2022
I got the non opf one (Fox) for my OPF ST . You can get it with or without the middle silencer (mine has it as I wanted to avoid droning and be more civilized)

It was plug and play using a downpipe with OPF delete.

5d0106f110cbbe46b92ad1208a092fe1.jpg

b7be917bd0cc3deb35b3278c184ac578.jpg

9badc6e0fe535ce55ba5e279d03981fa.jpg
salut, depuis que tu as supprimé l'opf tu n'as pas de problème moteur ou de voyant qui s'allume ,en france aucun préparateur que j'ai contacté ne peu me donné la garantie qu'il n'y aura pas de problème par la suite.

"hello, since you removed the gpf you have no engine problem or warning light that comes on, in France no preparer that I contacted can give me the guarantee that there will be no problem afterwards."

Last edited by a moderator:

ChocoHR

Apr 25, 2022
salut, depuis que tu as supprimé l'opf tu n'as pas de problème moteur ou de voyant qui s'allume ,en france aucun préparateur que j'ai contacté ne peu me donné la garantie qu'il n'y aura pas de problème par la suite.

"hello, since you removed the gpf you have no engine problem or warning light that comes on, in France no preparer that I contacted can give me the guarantee that there will be no problem afterwards."

The car is remapped so its off by software

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.