Cupra date info

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
i've just been out to the motor show at cribbs causeway, bristol and SEAT had a stand there with the new Ibiza on. Was the 5 door, but the guy at the stand said the 3 dr would be september this year, and FR would be around january. He also mentioned the Cupra around January also, but im not sure whether thats true or not.

I also asked about engines for the Cupra and he was pretty sure that the 2.0T would be used with 1.4TSi in the FR.

Was hoping the interior quality would be a bit better tbh, the air vents feel horribly cheap, much worse than my mk4. The switches for fans/ temp could also have been better i reckon, though i was only sitting in the 1.2. Stereo looks nice but i cant imagine the sound being too great in a city hatch lol.

Poverty

i've just been out to the motor show at cribbs causeway, bristol and SEAT had a stand there with the new Ibiza on. Was the 5 door, but the guy at the stand said the 3 dr would be september this year, and FR would be around january. He also mentioned the Cupra around January also, but im not sure whether thats true or not.

I also asked about engines for the Cupra and he was pretty sure that the 2.0T would be used with 1.4TSi in the FR.

Was hoping the interior quality would be a bit better tbh, the air vents feel horribly cheap, much worse than my mk4. The switches for fans/ temp could also have been better i reckon, though i was only sitting in the 1.2. Stereo looks nice but i cant imagine the sound being too great in a city hatch lol.

Another person agreeing with me that the Cupra will be a 2.0T.

If it comes with the 2.0T a remapped cupra will be king of all hothatches. and easy 260-270bhp with the EA888 series design 2.0T

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Another person agreeing with me that the Cupra will be a 2.0T.

If it comes with the 2.0T a remapped cupra will be king of all hothatches. and easy 260-270bhp with the EA888 series design 2.0T

yeh, remapped with a few other bits and bobs and it'll be pulling away from other supposedly hot hatches easily :D

You got any pics of your boot install Poverty? Wanna put a sub(s) in at some point, just wondering how much space its likely to take up :confused:

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Yep here we go last page. I have no room left in my boot for anything though.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146900&page=5&highlight=boot+install

Apparently the updated 2.0T will remap to 260hp + straight out of the box but I think the car would probably need a bigger intercooler to cope when ragging it though.

cheers for the link :)

Im sure forge or someone similar will be able to come up with something for it! I wont be getting one for a couple of years yet anyways lol

Poverty

Yeah forge should or could use the audi S3 intercooler if that could fit. I will probably try get a 2nd hand FR as soon as one appears as my car will be paid off in march. Then when the cupra arrives I will just trade it in.

dancupra

Im sure seat will make the intercooler on the cupra more than sufficient to handle 260 bhp from a remap if they use the 2.0l turbo lump. Look at the FMIC they have on the mk4 cupra and then look to see Rashcupra still using the standard one whilst running 349 bhp.....

Poverty

Im sure seat will make the intercooler on the cupra more than sufficient to handle 260 bhp from a remap if they use the 2.0l turbo lump. Look at the FMIC they have on the mk4 cupra and then look to see Rashcupra still using the standard one whilst running 349 bhp.....

Oh yeah forgot about that but wasnt that IC a SEAT Sport one? I know that the current leon FR/Cupra are on their limits once remapped.

dancupra

Oh yeah forgot about that but wasnt that IC a SEAT Sport one? I know that the current leon FR/Cupra are on their limits once remapped.

yep its a seat sport one..... which hopefully they will have some influence over on the new cupra..... same as with the brakes

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.