Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
What is it?

This is it, this is the first all CUPRA model produced by SEAT’s sub-brand. A cross between a traditional hatchback and an SUV results in the CUV, or Crossover Utility Vehicle category. A category that is expected to continue grow over the coming years. CUPRA call this a Coupe Crossover.

We’ve driven it for the first time, and in the UK on a day visit to SEAT/CUPRA HQ alongside the new CUPRA Leon (review to follow). Due to COVID we’re behind the other reviewers in Spain and SEAT/CUPRA have kindly managed to get this left-hand drive model over to the UK for us to drive, for the moment the only production version Formentor in the country. The weather was awful but there were a few gaps in the rain during the time we had with the car.

The model specifically is a 2.0 TSI 310PS 4WD DSG in Petrol Blue Matte. The vehicle is the equivalent of a...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
A good review and I like the look of the car. My frustrations were the prices/specs, which are much more complex than the Ateca. But I think this is because of the less powerful (and cheaper) variants which will come in time. This is the second frustration (as you've addressed). It will be interesting to see how many UK cars we end up getting, especially as the cheaper cars roll out. Striking that balance between exclusivity and popularity is a difficult one!

Reactions: Syphon

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
I cant agree enough with you Mike. Dealers have no clue at all on what and how much they want to sell it for.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
I cant agree enough with you Mike. Dealers have no clue at all on what and how much they want to sell it for.
I don't think I'd be in a Cupra now if I didn't look at the Ateca spec sheet and think "wow that has a lot as standard". The dealer told me they had a C&S in stock and that was that. I was looking at Tiguans and Karoq's. Salesmen were reading out what each one had and didn't have, and they were all missing something obvious!

Ventsi

Nov 13, 2020
Could you share a few more words about the ride quality on not-so-perfect roads?

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
What is the color code for the accessories like side mirror caps lips spoilers etc?? i found somewhere color name like cosmos grey but i cant find the color code
does anyone know?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023
You will be able to spec it. At least that's how it is here in Denmark so they haven't removed the feature (y)
About to buy my first ever Cupra (Formentor VZ 310 4x4 2022), it comes without the wireless charging pad - is it possible to buy and have such system installed, and who/what will it cost ? also - is it possible to switch off the sound actuator ?
I am from Copenhagen Denmark.

Reactions: Syphon

vmaxkiddy

Jan 16, 2023
About to buy my first ever Cupra (Formentor VZ 310 4x4 2022), it comes without the wireless charging pad - is it possible to buy and have such system installed, and who/what will it cost ? also - is it possible to switch off the sound actuator ?
I am from Copenhagen Denmark.
Wireless charging causes my iPhone to get very hot, I only use cable now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise