Syphon

CUPRA Formentor Brochure and price list (2020 to present)

JamesCLD

Dec 10, 2020
Hampshire
I know its been said before but.....I don't get it!!
I do get a sporting pinnacle brand idea...some exclusivity, rarity etc to entice people out of BMW's/Audi's etc (and it worked in my case...you can call me shallow for those reasons but also I like the appearance and the performance of the Formentor)
But to then stick low powered engines and keep the Cupra name....it just devalues the whole idea and damages the entire brand. Pointless and confusing

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I know its been said before but.....I don't get it!!
I do get a sporting pinnacle brand idea...some exclusivity, rarity etc to entice people out of BMW's/Audi's etc (and it worked in my case...you can call me shallow for those reasons but also I like the appearance and the performance of the Formentor)
But to then stick low powered engines and keep the Cupra name....it just devalues the whole idea and damages the entire brand. Pointless and confusing
If Cupra didn't widen the range to include lower emissions cars, they would have paid huge fines to produce/sell the 310ps model. They have to meet a certain average of Co2 across the range or pay heavily. What they should have done is leave it as Seat but just my opinion.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Thanks for posting about the latest brochure.

It’s actually made me quite angry as I placed my order on 29 December to qualify for the price protection, however a little over 3 weeks later they’ve only gone and reduced the price of my car by £465! I will be contacting my dealer about this as I think that’s a bit unfair.

Interestingly they have only reduced the price of the V2.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
If you've not received the car yet I'd certainly be having a word :)

Cheers,

Scott
I’ve worked it out - they’ve taken off the electric tailgate and virtual pedal from the spec!

I hope mine comes with this as that’s one of the reasons why I ordered this model!

Reactions: Syphon

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I checked VZ2 just in case, but everything seems to be the same. It would be deal breaker for me, if electric tailgate and virtual pedal were removed from spec. They seem to remove more and more elements from UK spec and you can't even add anything like in other countries.

Lack of 12V socket in boot is already frustrating.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
I checked VZ2 just in case, but everything seems to be the same. It would be deal breaker for me, if electric tailgate and virtual pedal were removed from spec. They seem to remove more and more elements from UK spec and you can't even add anything like in other countries.

Lack of 12V socket in boot is already frustrating.
It is a deal breaker for me as well and I only want the car if it comes with the electric tailgate.

My dealer wasn’t able to confirm and advised me to contact Cupra directly so I’ve just sent an email to the CEO of Cupra UK asking for reassurance and making it clear that I expect to receive my vehicle with the electric tailgate as that is what I ordered.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
My order form does not mention anything about car specification or changes to it. Brochure has a clause that it's guidance only and spec can change.
My order form doesn’t mention anything either.

The brochure does have the text on the back as you say, however surely they can’t remove spec after ordering the vehicle.

The significant factor for me is that I ordered my vehicle on 29 December 2020 when the electric tailgate was included, and Cupra’s system issues caused the delay to my order being raised with the factory and it looks like this wasn’t resolved until after the spec change had taken place. My dealer was finally able to order my car on 13 January 2021 (I signed the order on 29 December 2020) and the spec changed on 11 January.

As Cupra have caused this issue I would expect them to make this right. I’m probably the only customer in the UK that is affected by this change as the V2 isn’t popular and we went into lockdown a few days after I ordered my car!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
The only way to make it right, is to refund cost of option or cancel order. I don't see what else they can do? Offer you free servic, etc? Dealer didn't change spec or made a mistake. It's decision made somewhere higher.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
The only way to make it right, is to refund cost of option or cancel order. I don't see what else they can do? Offer you free servic, etc? Dealer didn't change spec or made a mistake. It's decision made somewhere higher.
The dealer hasn’t done anything wrong and this is solely down to Cupra and they will need to rectify the situation as I will only accept a vehicle with the electric tailgate as it is a key feature that I wanted.

Chris Smith

Mar 19, 2019
Although a different Model I have too ordered the Cupra Ateca C&S (no confirmed build date ) again before the 29th Dec date, the spec on that car has changed to the VZ system and Dealer cannot confirm what model i will be getting although it is still being shown as C&S on the system his last words in email were Cupra could change spec ?? and to be honest i do not personally want the blue interior as the VZ2 is the only option similar to C&S it also loses the Beats etc, I do not want to get to March and the wrong car is delivered as not sure what options would be for rejection, So with regret i have cancelled order as dealer are totally radio silent , I know it is a lockdown but they furloughed the Cupra salesman so no one with knowledge to talk to as the other guys do not have his knowledge, and i feel it should not be up to us to contact anyone as we are buying from the dealer, and if they are trying to Launch Cupra this is not the way to go ?? they could have kept him in the showroom even if just answering the phone ??