Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
CUPRA is adding to its growing range of electrified performance vehicles, opening order books for the new CUPRA Formentor e-HYBRID in the UK.

Electrifying the flagship performance SUV coupe, customers can now purchase the CUPRA Formentor e-HYBRID DSG-auto 245PS from £38,625 OTR RRP.

Following the electrification of CUPRA Leon at the end of 2020, the introduction of the CUPRA Formentor e-HYBRID, in either VZ1 or VZ2 trim, continues the brand’s charge into developing alternatively-fuelled vehicles with CUPRA’s trademark performance and contemporary design.

Prices start at £38,625 OTR RRP for VZ1 trim and £40,260 OTR RRP for VZ2 trim, with order books opening on 16 February 2021.

The CUPRA Formentor can accelerate from 0-62mph in 7.0 seconds, charging on to a top speed of 130mph. The new powertrain delivers a combined fuel consumption of up to 188.3mpg and produces CO2 emissions as low as 33g/km (WLTP).

Powering the high-performance plug-in hybrid is a 150PS (110kW)...

Continue reading...

Reactions: JonnyT

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
What happens if you never charge the car? How much power do you have? And petrol tank and boot is probably smaller, due to batteries.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
What happens if you never charge the car? How much power do you have? And petrol tank and boot is probably smaller, due to batteries.
IIRC, it's a 150 HP ICE engine paired with a electric engine of about 130 HP, together they give 245 HP (the output is bit less then the sum of two parts).

If you never charge it, you probably shouldn't buy it. You will carry extra weight all the time with reduced boot. I've entertained the idea but since I live in a flat, charging is a challenge.

Another reason why I went for 2.0 TSI is that it may be last hurrah for ICE cars. In 5 years time, regulations may force us to pick electric.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
That was theoretical question. I don't plan to get anywhere near hybrid or electric car. So without charging, you're driving 150 bhp car with small tank and bad fuel economy, because it's heavier?

I think it's a gimmick, to quote higher power and this high fuel economy, which is only achieved when your car is charged. So when you drive 40 miles one way to work on motorway, battery discharges and you have slow petrol car?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
That was theoretical question. So without charging, you're driving 150 bhp car with small tank and bad fuel economy, because it's heavier?

Not quite so simpl.e

I'm not sure if VAG Hybrids of this type have regenerative braking. If they do, they will recoup a bit of energy that the gasoline engine used. Whether that is enough to offset additional weight I have no idea. Would be an interesting experiment.

If they do not have regenerative braking, then it is a no brainer, yes, you would be driving a 150 HP car with a half of a boot of empty batteries.

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
from what ive read it does have regenerative braking but doesnt charge the battery when coasting or at low revs like full on hybrids do plus once you get to 30mph the car switches to engine power only, personally think its too much agro for little gain

Cipper

May 8, 2021
from what ive read it does have regenerative braking but doesnt charge the battery when coasting or at low revs like full on hybrids do plus once you get to 30mph the car switches to engine power only, personally think its too much agro for little gain
No, it can go up to 70 mph in full electric. You can easily reach 30 miles range full electric during summer, so your infos are wrong

Reactions: romster1

tokk1es

Sep 1, 2021
I had all these questions myself before a i bought my VZ2 E-Hybrid. Pure Electric gets me 30 Miles reliably, can get up to 85mph too. If you dont charge it, it turns into a normal hybrid car so it still uses the battery to pull away etc. If you set it to charge while driving it will take around 100 miles driving to fully charge itself, I find that when i put it in Cupra mode to have some fun - i end up with more charge at the end than when i started as whenever you are not at 100% throttle it charges itself so having access to the full 245 has not been an issue for me at all.
Regen braking is great too!

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
I had all these questions myself before a i bought my VZ2 E-Hybrid. Pure Electric gets me 30 Miles reliably, can get up to 85mph too. If you dont charge it, it turns into a normal hybrid car so it still uses the battery to pull away etc. If you set it to charge while driving it will take around 100 miles driving to fully charge itself, I find that when i put it in Cupra mode to have some fun - i end up with more charge at the end than when i started as whenever you are not at 100% throttle it charges itself so having access to the full 245 has not been an issue for me at all.
Regen braking is great too!
quick question you say when you set it to charge while driving? is there actually an option to do that and if so where?

Renzo

Jun 16, 2021
quick question you say when you set it to charge while driving? is there actually an option to do that and if so where?
check this movie from 4:40 (till 6:09) think he is very well explaining this... ....

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
check this movie from 4:40 (till 6:09) think he is very well explaining this... ....
thanks yes id seen that video and actually shared that tip earlier in the thread I didnt realise that those were the settings which you had used,

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise