Cupra Formentor Floor mats?

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
I keep seeing snippets in different posts about Formentors arriving without floormats including:

• Leasing firms remove them before car delivery? is this true and why?
  • Cupra have run out of them so sending cars without? Can you get them on back order?
Another question are they actually standard fit or is it an option? And if so is it all trim levels or certain spec. I am receiving my car next week a 245 VZ2 Hybrid with Petrol Blue interior and really like the look of the floor mats I have seen in some pictures and reviews..?

If they are standard i want them of course, but couldn't' see mentioned as standard fit item in brochure.

dvinell

Jul 27, 2011
Apparently the original mats were manufactured in Ukraine :(

They should be standard fit, but ours turned up without mats - the dealer has them on backorder.
When the dealer eventually supplies the mats, I will keep the new set as spares.

I gave up waiting and bought mine from here:

Also here:

Last edited:

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
I got mine in Jan on lease and it came with the floor mats. I also have blue interior and my mats are blue.

Reactions: bounderboy

Chris1989

Jan 13, 2023
I keep seeing snippets in different posts about Formentors arriving without floormats including:

• Leasing firms remove them before car delivery? is this true and why?
  • Cupra have run out of them so sending cars without? Can you get them on back order?
Another question are they actually standard fit or is it an option? And if so is it all trim levels or certain spec. I am receiving my car next week a 245 VZ2 Hybrid with Petrol Blue interior and really like the look of the floor mats I have seen in some pictures and reviews..?

If they are standard i want them of course, but couldn't' see mentioned as standard fit item in brochure.

Mine is on lease and I got the fancy half blue leather ones. The car does have the petrol blue interior to.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    902.7 KB · Views: 226

Volt

May 2, 2021
This is what the lease company have said when I asked about if my car is coming with mats or not…

‘‘ I’ve requested the supplier to confirm up on the mats for us.
As soon as they come back I will let you know.

I would suggest that it probably doesn’t unfortunately – as they are generally a cost/chargeable option. ‘’

I take it I’ll not be getting there wee welcome park either then! 🙄

Thoughts?

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
This is what the lease company have said when I asked about if my car is coming with mats or not…

‘‘ I’ve requested the supplier to confirm up on the mats for us.
As soon as they come back I will let you know.

I would suggest that it probably doesn’t unfortunately – as they are generally a cost/chargeable option. ‘’

I take it I’ll not be getting there wee welcome park either then! 🙄

Thoughts?
Receiving my car tomorrow - will let you know what happens

Reactions: Volt

Volt

May 2, 2021
I got an email reply today with a paragraph from Cupra saying some Formentor, Leon and Born are coming from the factory without mats.

They are unable to tell whether a specific car has them in until it arrives. They have orders from February still waiting for mats.

So that basically confirms this car should come with mats. If it doesn’t initially then we should be receiving them in due course.

I’ve ordered some cheapish ones from carmats.co.uk meantime but will keep on top of them for the genuine ones which should follow…

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Are you able to photograph the letter so we have as proof? Obviously obscure personal info.

I got an email reply today with a paragraph from Cupra saying some Formentor, Leon and Born are coming from the factory without mats.

They are unable to tell whether a specific car has them in until it arrives. They have orders from February still waiting for mats.

So that basically confirms this car should come with mats. If it doesn’t initially then we should be receiving them in due course.

I’ve ordered some cheapish ones from carmats.co.uk meantime but will keep on top of them for the genuine ones which should follow…

Volt

May 2, 2021
Are you able to photograph the letter so we have as proof? Obviously obscure personal info.
This is the email with names deleted. I don’t know where the message is coming from, only that my lease guy is saying he’s had word back from Cupra. So no idea if this is the dealer where the car is coming from or who it is…

Sounds like we should be pushing for the mats to be on back order for us. It’s not like they are a cheap item!

I take it you didn’t get the Welcome to the Tribe box which features on eBay got upwards of £30? No mention of that in the email to me.

Attachments

• E2AD61DD-D7B8-4F23-BCE0-F0C9BB8CFF70.jpeg
    E2AD61DD-D7B8-4F23-BCE0-F0C9BB8CFF70.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 178

Volt

May 2, 2021
Oh and see how you’ve just got the car. Are you aware of the £99 two service Cupra Care offer on for cars under 31 days old? If you’ve not got a service plan for this car then it’s a no brainer!

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Oh and see how you’ve just got the car. Are you aware of the £99 two service Cupra Care offer on for cars under 31 days old? If you’ve not got a service plan for this car then it’s a no brainer!
Thank you for the information - will get that sorted tomorrow...

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
This is the email with names deleted. I don’t know where the message is coming from, only that my lease guy is saying he’s had word back from Cupra. So no idea if this is the dealer where the car is coming from or who it is…

Sounds like we should be pushing for the mats to be on back order for us. It’s not like they are a cheap item!

I take it you didn’t get the Welcome to the Tribe box which features on eBay got upwards of £30? No mention of that in the email to me.
Thank you for posting that.. I did get the Welcome to the tribe box - the key cover had already been fitted but did have have a medium bracelet in.. Which is about the size of c@ck ring! not sure who would wear that ever to be honest.. but was nice to get.. . Also got a USB-c adaptor charging cable thing...! so not all bad..

Reactions: Volt

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Thank you for posting that.. I did get the Welcome to the tribe box - the key cover had already been fitted but did have have a medium bracelet in.. Which is about the size of c@ck ring! not sure who would wear that ever to be honest.. but was nice to get.. . Also got a USB-c adaptor charging cable thing...! so not all bad..
Yeh I got all that and the mats, just need my engine cover now and will at last have a complete car. The bracelet is still in the box as even my grandkids did not want it.

Apr 26, 2023
Hi all,

I ordered a white CUPRA Leon in the first week of August 2022. Left the factory on 13th April after two previously shifted build dates, looking at delivery within the next month of so, so would've been roughly a 9 month wait once it's arrived.

Cupra46

Jun 15, 2023
I rang my local dealer and they said lease cars cant have the offer so called Cupra UK and they confirmed this :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members