Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Lane assist comes back every time in every recent VAG car. You could permanently switch it off in older models.

My first contact with adaptive cruise was on rented Golf and I hated it immediately. At first I couldn't understand why car is slowing down for no reason, until I realised it has some new tech. I have to put more effort in keeping an eye on my speed when using ACC. To check car is not slowing down or make sure it accelerated back. It's slowing down when it's reaching slower car before me, than I change lane and it accelerates again. If I was using standard cruise, I would keep steady speed and just change lane when I was coming close the car in front of me. I use cruise, to keep steady speed I set up.

Today, was the first time, I was driving in more dense traffic on M25, so it was even worse, because I had to keep to fastest lane, otherwise, I would be slowed down all the time and then will have to accelerate again. That's not the way I like to drive.

I use cruise in town, to make sure I don't get speeding ticket. So any parked cars on the side, mean car can brake, unless you move to the side earlier. If you get too close to them, system will brake and warn you about crashing.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Lane assist comes back every time in every recent VAG car. You could permanently switch it off in older models.

My first contact with adaptive cruise was on rented Golf and I hated it immediately. At first I couldn't understand why car is slowing down for no reason, until I realised it has some new tech. I have to put more effort in keeping an eye on my speed when using ACC. To check car is not slowing down or make sure it accelerated back. It's slowing down when it's reaching slower car before me, than I change lane and it accelerates again. If I was using standard cruise, I would keep steady speed and just change lane when I was coming close the car in front of me. I use cruise, to keep steady speed I set up.

Today, was the first time, I was driving in more dense traffic on M25, so it was even worse, because I had to keep to fastest lane, otherwise, I would be slowed down all the time and then will have to accelerate again. That's not the way I like to drive.

I use cruise in town, to make sure I don't get speeding ticket. So any parked cars on the side, mean car can brake, unless you move to the side earlier. If you get too close to them, system will brake and warn you about crashing.
Bad luck on the lane assist. Mine doesn't come on automatically and I'm glad for it.

With ACC I know what you mean. When it's busy I don't tend to use it, because it's annoying but when its normal or quiet, its a dream. It does take a bit of getting used to though, so keep trying :LOL:

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Bad luck on the lane assist. Mine doesn't come on automatically and I'm glad for it.

With ACC I know what you mean. When it's busy I don't tend to use it, because it's annoying but when its normal or quiet, its a dream. It does take a bit of getting used to though, so keep trying :LOL:
When I use ACC I am more stressed and need to concentrate more than when I am driving myself. I'm not sure if I will use it a often.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
When I use ACC I am more stressed and need to concentrate more than when I am driving myself. I'm not sure if I will use it a often.
It's probably also worth mentioning if ACC starts slowing you down, you can just put your foot down and it will override. Just like normal cruise control except you won't crash into cars in front/that pull into your lane

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
It's probably also worth mentioning if ACC starts slowing you down, you can just put your foot down and it will override. Just like normal cruise control except you won't crash into cars in front/that pull into your lane
I know, it's just that I don't trust the car not to crash into the car ahead. So I am on edge and constantly trying to guess whether it will slow down or not. I feel that if it doesn't slow down, by the time I realize it I will have crashed. Not sure how this could be helped, perhaps bit more visual cues to understand what the car is doing.

I guess I'll need to learn to trust the car and especially future cars.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
With standard Cruise, you see that you're driving faster than car in front of you, because you're coming closer and closer and have to change lane or brake. But with ACC, you have to check the speedo, because you don't feel small decrease in speed and suddenly you're driving 63 instead of 70mph. And I don't like to be middle lane hogger, driving behind someone who can't move to the left or speed up.

Yes, you can accelerate, when ACC slows down, but what's the point of it then, if you have to keep and eye on it and correct it?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It's actually better to sit about 80/85 on the motorway

Sitting at 70 mph is annoying, everytime you go to pull out theres a car approaching quickly from behind so you have to slow down wait for an opening that you have to speed up to get into. Or theres that person overtaking you at 72 mph that 'boxes you in'

You spend your whole journey like this constantly looking in your rear view mainly moving in and out of lanes 1 and 2.

Increase the speed to 80/85 these issues disappear and you are mainly moving lane 2 to lane 3 without constantly living life in your rear view mirror.

However many Panda's and Polar bears will be killed at speeds of 80/85 mph and it's also very illegal and breaking the law is very bad ;)

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Interesting, perhaps they've loaded it with so much kit they didn't use any for the speakers. Under seat subwoofer maybe required then!

I'm coming from a GLE with a standard audio so it can't be worse!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
There is an option to set Bass-X (I think that’s the term) and it’s not too bad but the Bass is no way as good as it was in my Leon Cupra with Seat Sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
There is an option to set Bass-X (I think that’s the term) and it’s not too bad but the Bass is no way as good as it was in my Leon Cupra with Seat Sound.

I bought my Mk3 Leon FR used, so not sure of the exact spec, but I think it's standard audio. I honestly think that Mk3 Leon sound system is better than Formentor one. I've fiddled with settings but in any mode it sounds worse.

It's possible FR has upgraded sound, although I doubt it, does anyone know a sure way I could check that?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
It's possible FR has upgraded sound, although I doubt it, does anyone know a sure way I could check that?

See if this is in the boot under the floor
c859fc9e8a801c2f635e28c1491f573b.jpg

That’s the Sub for the Seat Sound.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I know, it's just that I don't trust the car not to crash into the car ahead. So I am on edge and constantly trying to guess whether it will slow down or not. I feel that if it doesn't slow down, by the time I realize it I will have crashed. Not sure how this could be helped, perhaps bit more visual cues to understand what the car is doing.

I guess I'll need to learn to trust the car and especially future cars.
If you want to slow down you don't need to wait you can brake yourself like you would normally.
The system is only supplement you not replace you

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members