Cupra Gimp Mask

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Thought that'd get your attention lol.....

Developed for me, addmitedly looks poo but does the job it was designed for, especially when i drive a million miles to and from germany...

mike081-1.jpg

Was still tinkering with it when i took pic to try and get it to fit snug....

Last edited:

smilley792

May 1, 2008
you just need some headlight protectors, and your front end will never get chipped.

do seat make headlight protectors?

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Not to rain on your efforts, but there is a chance that you will get the chip just past the lip of the bra. The 2 raised lips on the top, can they not be extended right across the bra?

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Not to rain on your efforts, but there is a chance that you will get the chip just past the lip of the bra. The 2 raised lips on the top, can they not be extended right across the bra?

Knowing my luck yes.. lol

They cant be extended, weird. would make sense for them to run the length i suppose. seems to be the same for every car

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
I was looking at exactly the same type of bonnet protection myself before I put the film onto the front and figured sods law would come into effect the minute I had it fitted and started feeling a little smug. I take it the film is just not for you?

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
I was looking at exactly the same type of bonnet protection myself before I put the film onto the front and figured sods law would come into effect the minute I had it fitted and started feeling a little smug. I take it the film is just not for you?

Have only seen film on a mk1, couldnt make my mind up. is yours discreet? How much is it?

granted mine is far from discreet but I can take it off like.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
WOW - I'd have gone like other people here and put the film on. Much better looking, and just as good protection i believe.

The Gimp

This item is nothing to do with me buddy.

Hasn't anyone put Armourfend on there car? I know they do the MK1 Leon kit http://www.armourfend.com/Search.aspx?t=2&m=53 but maybe worth a call to them to see if they do a MK2 kit?

It's pretty good stuff but if a pig for when your waxing or polishing.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Mine covers panels...

bonnet
bumper
side wings
mirrors

and the film covers to about 2 mm to the edge of the panel. Mine is Yellow so the colour dulling is not that bad.

Here are some pictures for an idea as to how close to the edge it goes...

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

Hope that helps you see what I mean

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
Thought that'd get your attention lol.....

Developed for me, addmitedly looks poo but does the job it was designed for, especially when i drive a million miles to and from germany...

mike081-1.jpg

Was still tinkering with it when i took pic to try and get it to fit snug....

Thats ugly that mate:D

It'll do a good job tho!

" Bring out the Gimp " " the Gimp's sleeping "

:p

leon

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
How much was your kit + fitting please, cheers.
Reckon they would have charged around £500 for the retail price with SCN'ers getting 100 off that price.

I have not arranged anything formal and assume admin / the firm have not setup anything directly.

You could mention my car, yellow cupra, since mine was the car they took the template from.

Here is the link to the thread that has the website.

PaintShield Thread on SCN

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.