• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

jason-jm

Active Member
Sep 13, 2007
414
0
I noticed on the drive the car missing slightly

And when parking on my driver, a bit of water spray out of the exhaust, (I thought petrol, but im told by so many people water)

Im going to check the coil packs tonight fingers crossed
 
oil cap seems fine, wouldnt say white smoke no, darker smoke due to she exhaust soon etc

worried me no lol
 
+1 condensation do you have a decat aswell ??? And IDE say coilpacks aswell
 
yes decatted.. its a big spec engine.. GT30 turbo'd
coil pack hopefully. I will change tonight I have one and my mate has one spare :)
 
It's eitha coil pack or check the injectors, the two middle ones te wiring adaptors split but had them fixed.

The water will not be nothing to worry about mate it's just cold start and condensation.

Hea gasket is new as you seen with the paper work for rebuild.
 
when you say split? the taped up cables at the front?

I pulled all coil packs and the engine noise changed slightly each time I think.

even tried swapping each one for a new one, no difference.

Possible spark plugs?

If I give it a slight rev the exhaust smokes a little :/
 
plug it on to vag com or equivalent, if it is a faulty coil it normally pings up a relevant fault code
what colour smoke is it producing?
and just for your peace of mind il echo what dave said, the water is just condensation
 
basically (i think im right here, someone correct me if im not)

Blue smoke - oil (badddd)
White smoke - coolant (also baddddd)
Dark smoke - sometimes caused by leaking injectors or simply a dirty air filter

my advise would be to fix the misfire, as the smoke and the misfire may just be part and parcel of the same problem.
 
well you didnt put baaaddd next to dark lol.


it doesnt smoke unless I rev it...

Previous owner says that the wiring on the fuel rail was repaired previously so fingers crossed its just a simple solder to solve the problem for now :)
 
haha, dark smoke can be caused by many things and if its an injector or fault coil or wiring its a comparitively simple fix when you compare them to oil/coolant being burnt in the exhaust, which would point towards a head gasket failure