Cupra R bodykit

Jonah

Ditching Rice since 2007
Sep 16, 2002
Nor-fampton
Visit site
Been a Cupra owner, or is it just 20VT now, for about 3 months and everything seems to be going great guns so far. Had APR upgrade my ECU which provides many a smile with about 240 lbs ft of torque and lowered the car with Eiback springs so it handles brill without compromising the ride.

Bit hacked of with Seat though as I asked at the time of purchase whether a facelift was due and if the Cupra R was to be on the market soon. In both cases they said no and Seat would not tell them until it happened. As a result the facelifted, bodykitted, 17" alloy-ed version was in the showroom about 8 weeks after I bought - this happen to anyone else?

I am now awaiting the full Cupra R bodykit to arrive at Marshall's Seat in Bedford. Gonna cost a bit to get all sorted about £600 for the kit and the same again for painting and fitting! It should look cracking especially when the 17 inch HT3's arrive as well to replace the standard alloys. Actually if it wasn't for a link from this forum I could not have guided Seat as I have done. They were adamant that the part numbers I gave them did not exist and even tried to con me into the 2003 bodykit!

I'll let you know how it goes - any other cheap performance mods anyone knows about let us know.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
Hey Jonah, welcome to the forums

Our very own Zboyd paid full whack for his Leon Cupra in 200 with full leccy leather seats and optioned up cost him, and i dont think he minds me saying, £17995.00 a lot of cash seeing as they dropped the price later.

He's had the full Cupra4 aka MY03 kit fitted a while ago, looks sweet, also has the HT3's in 18" that look da bomb!

As for cheap performance mods, you looked into uprating your brakes? Even a set of Fast Road pads would help in resisting brake fade as you plough on, these have been championed by many members, have a word with awesome gti www.awesomegti.com they will be able to sort you some pads, and discs too.

As for other tuning bits, exhausts, turbo inlets, seem to be the proven way, do a search (button at the top) and you will find a wealth of info.

check the piccies of Z's car below

:cheers:

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
Jonah

Sorry to say this but the LAST person to ask about new models ironically is a SEAT salesman.

I always know more than them from reading AUTOCAR.

The truth is even if they KNOW about a new model in the pipeline they won't tell you about it when there's old stock to clear.

This is life I'm afraid...and sometimes it sucks!:(

Anyway enjoy you car and forget about the fact that a car salesmans sole purpose in life is to earn bonuses , not to do customers favours. (Wether he works for BMW,MERCEDES,SEAT or whoever).

Its surprising any car manufacturer has any customer relations with these lowlifes as the companies first customer contact.

They will variously..ignore,patronise,insult and neglect you but unfortunately we have to run this gauntlet every time we want a new pap.

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
I dont think thats entirely fair. The four worst garages I've ever come across were all Seat dealers (although a Pug dealer run them close a few days ago), but there are some good dealers out there that know there stuff and helpful. Great Covert, Chris at MK Seat and Huzzeys all seem very knowledgable and well informed, its just a shame some of the others arent upto that standard.

The swedish guy I was thinking of is Marten Kluck (Spin on the forum)

piccys here

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery.php?pageNum_rs_gallery=1&totalRows_rs_gallery=11&type=Leon

Jonah

Ditching Rice since 2007
Sep 16, 2002
Nor-fampton
Visit site
Thanx for the tips!

Those 18" HT3 on Z's motor look the dogs danglies - do you reckon that any wheels arch fettling went on to get 'em in? Will having 18's on my car now it has been slightly lowered screw up the ride? It's only been dropped by 25mm but this is with springs only.

I was thinking about wheel spacers as well - whaddya think?

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
back to the top.

according to another website I found, the side skirts are the same on the MY03 and Cupra R. Has anyone fitted these. Is it easy?

Anyone thought about the front and rear bumpers? I'm very seriously tempted. The only thing stopping me is the problem with the exhaust (TDI has turned down exhaust, behind the bumper) and the cost (£600ish plus fitting)

If you have let me know. I'm very very interested

andy

Darren

Nov 20, 2001
Leigh on Sea
Visit site
If anyone is interested I think there is a CupraR Front and Rear bumpers at SMC Windsor all ready painted up in Grey colour.

My Cupra R was in there to get the Relay checked for a recall.

The guy that told me is called Andy in service.
He said that it was wrongly ordered for a Cupra. They offered it to the customer but he didn’t want it as he didn’t want it looking non-standard!!!

I would imagine you would get it for a good price…
:D

Riggy

Darren, how did you find SMC Windsor for servicing? (Please don't say, you just drive towards Windsor then turn left! :D) It will be nearest dealership when I get the Cupra.
The sales side didn't impress me much, then again I don't think they were too impressed when I tried to get a better price from them for the car by telling them how cheap I could get it through importing. :D

calfy

cupra 2003 model

i started looking at leon cupras about 2 months ago and was told by my local dealer that there was no way i could get my hands on a 2003 model cupra until middle of november so i went ahead and put a deposit down on a 2002 model.the next day i went to another dealer and i saw in the window a 2003 model,i asked if it was for sale and they said yes,so i cancelled my 2002 model and bought the 2003 model about 2 weeks ago now and its fantastic.if you send me your e-mail address i will send you pictures

cheers

Spin

seat****sweden.se
Dec 14, 2001
Sweden
www.klucken.se
andyb:

I´ve fitted the sideskirts to my Leon and I´m telling U:
It was NOT easy!

You are supposed to drill holes along the way to fit it on
to five places on each side and also several places under the car.
Since I´m careful about my car I would never drill extra holes to
let the dirt and water in that way.

In the end I just glued them on with "Sikaflex".

If you are thinking about fitting them, leave it to
your Seat garage!

The front however is easy to fit.
Takes about an hour the first time...

If you want advice just e-mail me and I´ll tell you how it´s done.
Front and rear has been of some times on my car so for me it´s
just another day with the Leon...

Last edited:

Toonman

worst garages

I know I'm coming off topic again, but the Seat dealer I used was excellent (SG Petch - Durham). The worst dealers I've ever come across? Renault ones... Way too many to list but 4+. The one we used in the end (Sunwins - Bradford) was fine. All others crap.

recalluk

Still Welcome ?
Sep 23, 2002
North East
Visit site
Toonman,

I also use S.G.Petch, excellent service, Sales can be alittle disinterested but service people very professional and thorough.

They also have a selections of Cupras in stock at the mo and a nice Cupra R on rental from Seat.

Toonman

Sales can be alittle disinterested

If Steve reads that, Terry and Co will be getting a visit...:eek: Very sales orientated is Mr Petch!:)

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Ok so re-opening a thread from 2002

Ok so thread has correct title, this must show i've done a search, cant seem to find answer im looking for

question is; i know some ppl (most) done like aftermarket bodykits due to fittings and cheap material, but i was wondering if any one on this forum has ever got this kit (i've seen links to this in so many threads but never known any1 to buy one)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-CUP...hZ010QQcategoryZ72207QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The kit in the eBay link is a fibre glass copy. It's not the real deal. The fact it's made from fibreglass will mean it will have no flex in it either, so if you hit something too hard it wont bend and flex back into shape, it will snap and crack instead.
The fitment of aftermarket copies is never that good either, so expect to have to pay a good bodyshop a good amount of money to have it modified to fit. How much modification it needs varies from one kit to the next, but I've never seen a fibreglass copy kit that hasn't needed a fair bit of tinkering.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise