Cupra Tyres - Issue

R.Bot

Oct 30, 2019
Looks like a lost head type nail, maybe inch or so long? I would grab it with needle nose pliers and ease it out a few millimetres to see. If it's very short then fine, if not then I would push it back and get a tyre place to pull it out. If it has gone through it looks to close to edge for a repair so might mean a new tyre.

Reactions: Rowan83

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I know I said I thought this was a tiny stone but now I am not sure, struggling to remove it as it's embedded into the rubber. After scraping it looks like a piece of metal but looks to small to be a nail or anything? Just leave it?
Make a high concentrate washing-up liquid/water mix, and dab it around the suspected metal fragment/nail. If bubbles appear it’s punctured. If not, try prising out with needle pliers, again looking for bubbles. If it starts to bubble as pulling out, push back in, inflate and drive to the tyre repair shop for a replacement.

Reactions: Rowan83

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Those tyres are fine. They would pass an MOT with no question.... I work in the trade and the most times I see cracking on the outside of tyre tread, are on cars with very small use... which is the case for most of us atm.

I have never once seen a warranty attempt pass with a tyre company as there are far to many outside factors to take in to account, Best options are carry on or pay for some new tyres, I would say, leave them as they are as they are fine

Reactions: 2Stevo2 and Rowan83