• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Oct 5, 2026
1
1
Hi all, newbie here. Long time watcher tho.

Got a 75 plate Cupra VZ2 ST a week or so ago and I'd like to play CD's. I know people suggest ripping to an SD card or similar but I'd really like to used CDs!

Any thoughts?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob66
Hi all, newbie here. Long time watcher tho.

Got a 75 plate Cupra VZ2 ST a week or so ago and I'd like to play CD's. I know people suggest ripping to an SD card or similar but I'd really like to used CDs!

Any thoughts?
I'm a fan of CDs as well, have you considered as of the portable options that work via the USB Port? Think thats the route I will go down for our next car.
 
When I bought my CUPRA Leon VZ2 back in 2022, I tried my local car audio specialist at Dunbar, and the plug in upgrade would not work on my car as later VAG cars did not allow it. So I was stuck with the files on a stick carry on, still miss my good old CD player in the 280 I had.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob66