Damo’s Carbon Edition

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I know I generally sing the praises of Mark Brown at VAG Manchester / Progressive Parts. But these last few weeks, things in my personal life have genuinely been utterly utterly ****. Most of which Mark is aware of.

Being off work on compassionate leave, I had a brain fart, and rang up VAG to see if they could ‘just squeeze me in’ to put my TCU back to stock to trouble shoot a 1st to 2nd bogging down issue, which was horrible when cold and annoying me in a car that I like to drive to chill out in.

I then rang to cancel with Rick this morning as thought I was being unfair asking for a quick visit with everything going on around Manchester and knowing he’s busy. As these things are never as quick as we like to think.

Mark rang me back and said to still bring the car, it wasn’t any trouble as could try a few things in between jobs and I could go test drive in between to see if it was sorted.

Well after a number of things being reset and also going back to stock not 100% solving it, he asked me to hang around while the guys at Racingline Milton Keynes looked into it.

Long story short, got an updated TCU map, car was better on the way home but was still adapting, by the time I was home appeared to be all good.

However, I wanted the car to be cold to see. Just been out in the car and it’s bang on again ? Its back to how smooth it was when I only had 330hp ?

So big thank you to Mark and Matt Ellis (I believe) at Racingline. Brilliant customer support as always ?

So maybe 2020 isn’t totally totally ****.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Bit of a mixed day today, although it s new car day for me. The Carbon has finally gone.

Going to miss this car a lot - Unlike my daughter who was left with my folks unconsolably crying we were swapping the car, only to be "This new car is the best car ever" when she first saw it - Traitor.

People who know me, know I go all misty eyed when I talk about my old MINI Cooper S. Well as much as nothing was as good at that car at putting a grin on my face down a back road, as an overall full package - Speed, Comfort, Practicality, Absolute sheer looniness (turned up to 11 with Radingline and the suspension mods), this car has to be, hands down the best car I've ever owned.

The Carbon Beastie, will be sorely missed!

It’s likely to go on sale somewhere near Stoke on Trent as traded in at Lookers BMW, dropped off with a smidge under 30k on the clock.
Massive thanks to Mark Brown Progressive Parts/VAG Manchester for looking after it (and me) this last 4 years.

Off to forget how to use indicators now…

1651355265694.png

Reactions: JCB360

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Sorry to see the car go mate. Its certainly well spec'd and a looker.

I will be looking to see where it appears as I may be in the market for a change next week.
My RS Megane got potentially written off last weekend and i very nearly bought a Carbon Edition before buying the Megane 2 years ago. Just waiting to hear from the insurance.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sorry to see the car go mate. Its certainly well spec'd and a looker.

I will be looking to see where it appears as I may be in the market for a change next week.
My RS Megane got potentially written off last weekend and i very nearly bought a Carbon Edition before buying the Megane 2 years ago. Just waiting to hear from the insurance.
Sorry to hear that.

Well this has a few additions spec wise (Seat Sound and updated Virtual Cockpit with central rev counter) that Carbon's didn't come with. All carbons should otherwise be the same spec, although I did here some came with sun roofs, never seen any in pictures by people though.

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Bit of a mixed day today, although it s new car day for me. The Carbon has finally gone.

Going to miss this car a lot - Unlike my daughter who was left with my folks unconsolably crying we were swapping the car, only to be "This new car is the best car ever" when she first saw it - Traitor.

People who know me, know I go all misty eyed when I talk about my old MINI Cooper S. Well as much as nothing was as good at that car at putting a grin on my face down a back road, as an overall full package - Speed, Comfort, Practicality, Absolute sheer looniness (turned up to 11 with Radingline and the suspension mods), this car has to be, hands down the best car I've ever owned.

The Carbon Beastie, will be sorely missed!

It’s likely to go on sale somewhere near Stoke on Trent as traded in at Lookers BMW, dropped off with a smidge under 30k on the clock.
Massive thanks to Mark Brown Progressive Parts/VAG Manchester for looking after it (and me) this last 4 years.

Off to forget how to use indicators now…

View attachment 31360
Never thought you would part with your beloved Carbon Edition, not this soon anyway....
A special car by itself, made even more special by you.
Your new ride will get a hard time to fully replace it, but I wish you good luck and fun with it!
Hope you will stay within the forum too.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Never thought you would part with your beloved Carbon Edition, not this soon anyway....
A special car by itself, made even more special by you.
Your new ride will get a hard time to fully replace it, but I wish you good luck and fun with it!
Hope you will stay within the forum too.
Yeah it was a hard decision. I need some quite expensive work doing to the house, so wanted some extra cash to pay for it all. Sadly the new car should of been with me in October, so only now getting that extra cash.

It will be missed, and the new car will need some tweaks (Splitter and spoiler) to help bring it up to the look this car has (M135i isn't exactly the prettiest hot hatch). But they won't likely happen till the house is sorted.

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Yeah it was a hard decision. I need some quite expensive work doing to the house, so wanted some extra cash to pay for it all. Sadly the new car should of been with me in October, so only now getting that extra cash.

It will be missed, and the new car will need some tweaks (Splitter and spoiler) to help bring it up to the look this car has (M135i isn't exactly the prettiest hot hatch). But they won't likely happen till the house is sorted.
Hi Damo, I'm sorry to hear about the reason behind the selling of your Carbon Edition. Makes it extra painfull, but sometimes these decisions are needed. I hope the problems with your house will be solved in not too much time.
It's a long wait till October for your new car. The M135i is a nice and sporty car too, but it's not a master of all trades like your Carbon Edition (and all Leon Cupra ST 4Drive versions). Wish you all good things and luck!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi Damo, I'm sorry to hear about the reason behind the selling of your Carbon Edition. Makes it extra painfull, but sometimes these decisions are needed. I hope the problems with your house will be solved in not too much time.
It's a long wait till October for your new car. The M135i is a nice and sporty car too, but it's not a master of all trades like your Carbon Edition (and all Leon Cupra ST 4Drive versions). Wish you all good things and luck!
Haha, I already have the M135i, it was supposed to come LAST October. I have it now, collected 30th April.

1652722664682.png

Well it sold at Auction today and the person who's bought has already been messaging me with their plans.

It appears to of gone to a good home. Thankfully one not TOOOOO near me so I don't have to be jealous.

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Happy to see that you already have it! Maybe I've missed or misunderstood something? Seems to be a great hot hatch too. Is it the FWD or X-Track version? I wonder how the M135i compares to the previous M140i (completely different setup) and the Leon Cupra and Cupra Leon (both hatch and ST).. Now that your Carbon Edition has found a new owner, you can stop following that sales process. And who knows what the future will bring, you never know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damo H
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.