Dash upgrades / modifications?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Hi, this is my first post on here so excuse me if it's been covered elsewhere but I couldn't seem to uncover anything using the search...

Anyway, I bought a 54 plate mk1 Leon TDI FR last night which I'll be picking up on Saturday and although it looks great from the outside I can't get away from the fact the dash and general cabin illumination appears quite dated.
TBH I'm really not a fan of the cheap looking clock faces either!
Basically what I had in mind was to fit a double din centre console and mk4 full FIS Anni TDI clocks.
Am I correct in thinking I just need to transfer the guts of the clocks into a Audi A3 bezel and code them in?
If these bits work out I'm just left with doing something with the hideous orangery / red climate control backlighting.
Is it possible to utilise the climate control unit from the Audi A3 / S3 of the same era as these have red text and symbols with black background which would match the centre of the mk4 FIS display quite nicely?

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
I have seen a LCR with a different climate control unit, but think the standard unit was modded with changed LED's for the buttons.

With regards to the double din, I wanted to do the same.

However you'll either need to find a SatNav Facia from a Leon or one from a V5 Toledo... I looked for a while and never found one. New they are mega bucks from the dealers.

You'll also loose the ashtray and 12v socket unless you change the gearstick surround too to the appropriate one.

I didn't think it was worth it in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've actually sourced a double din fascia and associated centre console already.
I spoke to someone breaking a V5 Toledo on eBay last night and the deal was done and dusted earlier for a very reasonable price.

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Changing the leds in the climate control unit is obviously another option.
I'm going to speak to ArD from ukmkivs to see what magic he can suggest on the matter.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise