Dashcam Fitted in my Mk3

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
You dont need to run it down the a pillar, you tuck it under the gap where the top of the pillar and roof lining meet (so across the pillar) then you can run it down the rubber door seal instead of the pillar and into the fuse box from there

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Which is the Dash-Cam of choice now? still haven't got round to sorting it.

Depends on how good a picture you want, and if you use it for other things. I have seen some pretty poor vids/stills on here and they would not even pick up reg no's at a reasonable distance. I use an action cam (Garmins Virb Elite) as it also gets used on top of my helmet on the bike, and for other activities. The quality of picture is superb as it is equal if not better to the Go Pro, and built to last too, not cheap but then you only get what you pay for.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Finally got round to purchasing one tonight, Decided on the G1WH over the G1W.

Going to run it plugged in for a few weeks first and then look at getting it hardwired in properly.

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
How visible are these from the outside? I'd like to get one but am concerned about leaving it in the car unattended if it's on show.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
How visible are these from the outside? I'd like to get one but am concerned about leaving it in the car unattended if it's on show.

It depends on the camera and where you mount it really but I have had mine fitted for over a year and no one has bothered the car. People tend not to notice it as there isn't normally anything worth looking at behind the rear view mirror.

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Assuming you have it behind the rear view mirror, is it hard to see it in the car (ie, is it quite small)? Dont want anything that too large or bulky. Any pics of it in place would be good ;)

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Assuming you have it behind the rear view mirror, is it hard to see it in the car (ie, is it quite small)? Dont want anything that too large or bulky. Any pics of it in place would be good ;)

To be fair from the drivers side of the car (the camera is mounted on the passenger side of the windscreen) it is hardly noticeable. From the outside it is quite discreet.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I will try to get some better ones in the daylight.

20150210_185810_zpsowwhasst.jpg

20150210_185711_zps2ivsmse4.jpg

There's plenty of info over at the dashcamtalk forums.

I have had great results with a mobius dash cam which I bought from a UK seller joovuu and it's pretty cheap for a 1080p cam. I also run an itronics it-100 sp which is a very discrete 1080p cam with parking mode. I've partnered this with an itronics itv-80 battery discharge prevention device.

However, I'm now thinking of buying a Panorama X2, which is a properly supported dual 1080p cam. It also has integrated battery management and front and rear parking (motion detection) mode. The latest on the X2 is here;
https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/threa...xmor-cmos-wdr-gps-24-7-parking-mode-rec.6774/

Winycam details are in the sub-forum
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/livue-winycam.28/

Last edited:

steve14

Aug 17, 2015
Sunderland
apologies for reviving an old thread.

i've got the mobius 1080 action cam in my golf, which will be removed and fit to the leon when it arrives. it cost me £90 all in.

the hard wiring kit will transfer straight over, but am i right in thinking the fusebox is behind the gloveebox in the mk3 leon and not to the behind the headlight control as in the golf?

here's a link to an install video for the identical camera:

hxxps://youtu.be/J8TqMfgmJCc

and here's some footage of mine (this clip was worth the money i spent on it), excuse the loud rap and my brother's giggle

hxxps://youtu.be/LhgtzfGBQC4

i'm restricted cos i'm new, so swap the xx for tt

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.