Detailing day :)

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
After having the Leon doing the work run for a week it had already picked up way more dirt than I'm allowing so only one thing for it... detailing time :)

The dealer prep was pretty good but I wanted to put my own products on from scratch. Last night I washed it to remove the surface dirt with my usual Meguiars Gold Class shampoo ready for the rest of the work this morning.

Went out early (7am!) and clayed the whole car with Bilt Hamber Soft Autoclay then followed up with a coat of Zaino Z-2 Pro Sealant. I'm rather pleased with the result, took a lot more pics than these but the white was so bright in the sun it seems to have confused the phone camera [B)]

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Great job,love white cars but no good in a Scottish winter, have to wash them every day to keep them clean. Pity your so far away, bet you could make an excellant job of my red Leon:lol::rofl:

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Lovely mate, looks great I'm beginning to think white is the best colour for the SC. Is that the solid or Nevada?

Last edited:

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
After having the Leon doing the work run for a week it had already picked up way more dirt than I'm allowing so only one thing for it... detailing time :)

The dealer prep was pretty good but I wanted to put my own products on from scratch. Last night I washed it to remove the surface dirt with my usual Meguiars Gold Class shampoo ready for the rest of the work this morning.

Went out early (7am!) and clayed the whole car with Bilt Hamber Soft Autoclay then followed up with a coat of Zaino Z-2 Pro Sealant. I'm rather pleased with the result, took a lot more pics than these but the white was so bright in the sun it seems to have confused the phone camera [B)]

Did you apply any wax on top of the sealant?

Last edited:

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK

Did you apply wax over the sealant?

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
I haven't this time round, Detailing World suggested I didn't need it with Zaino so may give it a try as-is. When it comes back in stock I'll finish off with Z8 Grand Finale to get even more shine :)

It's solid white, I agonised over that vs Nevada but between them additional waiting time, slightly blue tinge in some light and ease of touching in solid colour in future made the decision for me.

Last edited:

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
I haven't this time round, Detailing World suggested I didn't need it with Zaino so may give it a try as-is. When it comes back in stock I'll finish off with Z8 Grand Finale to get even more shine :)

It's solid white, I agonised over that vs Nevada but between them additional waiting time, slightly blue tinge in some light and ease of touching in solid colour in future made the decision for me.

I'd disagree. The elements will be slowly breaking down your sealant now, however good it is. Get some wax lobbed on now & keep topping it up every month or so.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.