DIY Turbo Replacment

jnpeden1

Aug 28, 2014
Gillingham/Ireland
Hi Guys,

Recently The turbo on my mk2 2008 170FR has been whining louder than usual. the car has only just done 100kmiles so I was a bit surprised by the turbo going.

I took off the Air induction side and there is a small amount of oil sitting on the lip of the turbo and when I checked the bearing for movement there is a small bit 1-2mm of side to side movement. Also noticed that the boost is slowly getting worse over last few weeks so its time for a change.

Due to cost reasons I am looking at taking the turbo off myself and getting it refurbed.

Basically I am just wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I am going with new gaskets and oil and filter change but mainly want to know what is the best way for actually removing the turbo. :confused:

Any help appreciated guys.

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
ive done a pd130 on axle stands before. pretty similar job. and to be honest it has put me off doing my cuora. but i think that was just because i didnt have proper ramps and the clostraphobic space underneath.

jnpeden1

Aug 28, 2014
Gillingham/Ireland
thanks for the info guys. I have made up my own ramps at work so i have gone with extra height than normal ramps..

I have had the dpf removed but the box is still on but from looking at it yesterday it should be ok to work around.

Just have to get to goodwood this weekend before i can start the job.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise