Dog owner setups

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Hi guys,

put a deposit down on a Leon FR estate 190 last week so i'm looking for ideas to make the boot suitable for a labrador dog.

Defo going with the rubber boot liner, possibly the dog guard as well above the rear seats (our dog is fairly well behaved and can't see her jumping through really).

Something i'm not sure on is the bumper protector for when she's jumping in and out of the boot. I did see you can get rubber strips but do these damage the paint underneith?

Just wondering if there are any other dog ownrts here and what they do when it comes to the boot?

Thanks in advance

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Hi guys,

put a deposit down on a Leon FR estate 190 last week so i'm looking for ideas to make the boot suitable for a labrador dog.

Defo going with the rubber boot liner, possibly the dog guard as well above the rear seats (our dog is fairly well behaved and can't see her jumping through really).

Something i'm not sure on is the bumper protector for when she's jumping in and out of the boot. I did see you can get rubber strips but do these damage the paint underneith?

Just wondering if there are any other dog ownrts here and what they do when it comes to the boot?

Thanks in advance
Hey Yoshi

There are several boot liners which have a flap that folds over the lip of the boot and hangs down the back of the motor. When she's jumped in the flap simply folds back onto the floor of the boot. Piece of cake. Amazon/eBay/any online sales place will surely have them.

All the best

B

Reactions: Yoshi

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Exactly what I have on my Formentor:

20220414_120619.jpg

This is the link:

We have a Labradoodle and she's good enough to wait before jumping in or out. I never bothered with the dog guard as she just settles down in the back an never attempts to jump over.
Oh, there's a dog bed on top of the tray for her comfort but not shown in the pic (y).

Jan 2, 2024
Bought the cheap sakura one and it fits well, I just used the centre section no need for the outer wings really in the formentor.

Made up for 20 quid

Stays in place fine, there are a few different bolt lengths and you need to use the shortest ones you can make reach as if you use the longest they bottom out into the head rest stanchion and won't tension up. Very simple.

ES7BKAah.jpeg

Sakura Headrest Dog Guard For Cars SS5259 - Easy Fit For Most Vehicles Hatchbacks SUVs Estates MPVs – Width Adjustable No Tools Needed, Black,93 x 33 x 6 cm https://amzn.eu/d/0275Hka

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.