Don't tell anyone....

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Funny you should mention the heater controls. I just finished cutting some thin strips of fluorescent tape and I think it looks pretty professional.

There is another solution with fluorescent dots - but once I discovered you can get red and blue colour fluorescent tape, I decided I could do it better.

I haven't done the volume strips yet as I don't think a pure white fluorescent tape exists (it's more of a green hue).

So my solution; left in natural light during the day, the tape is not super luminescent at night - but it's better than nothing. However I've found that you can boost it with your phone torch for night driving and then the glow lasts a long while, very effective!

Another solution would be to wire an LED light from the mirror but that seems too involved and risky.

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Or just use voice commands when it's dark for temperature? And volume is on the steering wheel.

Do you not just set temp to auto, then there is no need to change it anyway?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Do you not just set temp to auto, then there is no need to change it anyway?
I use the temperature strip to turn on / off the heated seats rather than the cabin temperature. End up stabbing two fingers randomly in the area until they have some effect…

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
I use the temperature strip to turn on / off the heated seats rather than the cabin temperature. End up stabbing two fingers randomly in the area until they have some effect…
Try using voice control, you can even set the level of heat with it as well as on/off. Agree the 2 finger touch on the controls is hit and miss.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Try using voice control, you can even set the level of heat with it as well as on/off. Agree the 2 finger touch on the controls is hit and miss.
I find the voice control more hit and miss than the invisible sliders, it’s probably that (a bit like with Alexa routines) you need to remember the exact phrase!

yehavi

Nov 19, 2022
And what is the exact phrase? I did not manage to find it yet...

Thanks, __Yehavi:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members