Door Card Lights not working

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Hi All. Just picked up a 2016 Cupra 290. Noticed the other night that none of the door card red/white lights are working. Checked the settings and they should be on 100% but nothing from all 4 doors. Is this a common fault? Cheers.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
On the Leon Mk 3 and Mk 3.5 (not sure about Atecas sorry) its only the front doors.

IF one was not working, it would be easy to say its simply a faulty unit, but with neither working it could be a number of things.

Is there anything not working, like foot well lights etc. That could suggest a fuse.

Have any OBD style modifications been carried out? If so that suggests someone could messed up the software behind the scenes with Carista or OB11. In that case you're likely going to need to do some troubleshooting, or pay up an expert to diagnose and fix like @East Yorkshire Retrofits.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
On the Leon Mk 3 and Mk 3.5 (not sure about Atecas sorry) its only the front doors.

IF one was not working, it would be easy to say its simply a faulty unit, but with neither working it could be a number of things.

Is there anything not working, like foot well lights etc. That could suggest a fuse.

Have any OBD style modifications been carried out? If so that suggests someone could messed up the software behind the scenes with Carista or OB11. In that case you're likely going to need to do some troubleshooting, or pay up an expert to diagnose and fix like @East Yorkshire Retrofits.
Thanks for replying. Its a Leon i've got now, just havent updated my bio :). The footwell light on the passenger side works but not the one on the drivers side. Weirdly changing the brightness on the footwell lights in settings doesn't seem to change them. I was wondering if they might have been messed with with obd11 but no way for me to find out now. Do you know if there is a setting in obd11 that would disable them? Cheers.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks for replying. Its a Leon i've got now, just haven't updated my bio :). The footwell light on the passenger side works but not the one on the drivers side. Weirdly changing the brightness on the footwell lights in settings doesn't seem to change them. I was wondering if they might have been messed with with obd11 but no way for me to find out now. Do you know if there is a setting in obd11 that would disable them? Cheers.
Sorry I don't.

Odd that they're not dimmable.

They're easy enough to pop out with a screw driver, so maybe swap them over and see if its the unit that's broke.

If its not the unit then in could be a wiring unit, a control board, or the the shenanigans of someone with OBD11 or worse Carista.

@East Yorkshire Retrofits have helped a lot of people on the past, and may very well be worth dropping them a message to find out what they'd charge to diagnose it. They can do it remotely I believe if you have a dongle.

Thanks for replying. Its a Leon i've got now, just havent updated my bio :). The footwell light on the passenger side works but not the one on the drivers side. Weirdly changing the brightness on the footwell lights in settings doesn't seem to change them. I was wondering if they might have been messed with with obd11 but no way for me to find out now. Do you know if there is a setting in obd11 that would disable them? Cheers.
We've had cars where one click apps have broken them, mainly carista that's caused that though. Rare that we get random issues in caused by obdeleven to be honest

Extremely easy to disable them via coding. Have they ever worked whilst you've owned it? We're the headlights on when you tested the door lights?

Reactions: Damo H

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Hi. Only had the car a couple of weeks and only noticed the other night tbh. Just went and checked again and doesn't matter if the headlights are on auto or manually on, the door cards don't light up. Is it possible to fix if I got an obd11 dongle? Thanks.

Hi. Only had the car a couple of weeks and only noticed the other night tbh. Just went and checked again and doesn't matter if the headlights are on auto or manually on, the door cards don't light up. Is it possible to fix if I got an obd11 dongle? Thanks.
It's impossible to fix without knowing what's broken. And it'll take you a while to find it with obdeleven

Our solution to things like this is usually to adapt the body control module back to its factory state (assuming there's no error codes pointing elsewhere)

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
I did this threw using carista it's a setting trying to get more colours on it but the car can't have more colours and it turns them off

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.