Door/Front left rattle

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hello!!

I just got my 1.5 DSG last Thursday.

I finally drove it a little more and on bumpy roads I can hear a rattle near the left front side corner of the car (left hand drive).

It sounds like a cable loose and banging on the inside of the door. But could also be from the suspension area. Really fiddly to tell.

Anyone go through the same?

Thanks!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I looked at the bonnet of my car recently, and noticed that there's a huge gap on one side and smaller on the other. I was quite shocked how big the gap was. Probably hinges or something, that needs adjusting.

Regarding rattle, I have one in left door. It gets worse when I listen to specific music, so thought it must be speaker cover, but upon checking, realised that speaker doesn't have separate cover, it's part of the door card. It's annoying, but not annoying enough to book service visit. The worst part is, that you can't make music louder to mask the rattle, because it gets worse.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I looked at the bonnet of my car recently, and noticed that there's a huge gap on one side and smaller on the other. I was quite shocked how big the gap was. Probably hinges or something, that needs adjusting.

Regarding rattle, I have one in left door. It gets worse when I listen to specific music, so thought it must be speaker cover, but upon checking, realised that speaker doesn't have separate cover, it's part of the door card. It's annoying, but not annoying enough to book service visit. The worst part is, that you can't make music louder to mask the rattle, because it gets worse.
Not good that mate. I couldn’t cope with a rattle and I would have to have it fixed ASAP.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020

I have something similar with my tailgate as the gap on the drivers side is much larger than the passenger side. I’m dropping it off at my dealer tomorrow so they can align it correctly and sort out the other niggles I’ve found since collecting it.

Reactions: jcbmally
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.