Door lock alignment problem..?

BarelyHominid

May 18, 2021
Another post about these pesky doors (sorry), but this seems to be different from anything else I've managed to find.

Replaced the failed n/s door lock module on my LCR with a new one, but now it doesn't seem to close fully, at least not all the time, almost as if the lock itself isn't aligned properly.

If I "slam" the door it often just bounces open again but will close if I push it hard. Sometimes the door won't open once it's closed and I have to push hard on the outside of the door for the lock to engage the catch fully so I can open it.

There wasn't this issue with the old lock, and there doesn't seem to be any wiggle room in the mounting holes to adjust the position of the lock relative to the door.

Any suggestions?

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi there.

I'm not the most experienced guy on changing door lock modules because I have only changed the two front doors. As I recall there is no "lock alignment procedure", you just bolt the thing and It stays right on the spot. Where did you get that lock from? New? Scrap?
For my point of view It seems to be defective. I would take it out and compare with the old and even mount the old to see if anything changed.
And do you have issues if you unlock with the indoor inside button and then pull the inside handle? There is a cable that has to be attached to the outside handle (right next to the lock barrel).

Regards.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
the two bolts at the side of door that holds the lock loosen them there is slight adjustment, you could loosen them just enough too hold lock tight but will move when you close the door as that lines up the lock with the catch better, most of the time that works then nip the bolts and make Shure the lock don't move when you do, i usually hold a flat head screw driver at the side of the the other bolt while nipping up.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Make sure you didn't "half lock" it when you installed it. The long rod inside the door moves the lever on the lock and can cause problems if it's not all the way before you put the door back together.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.