Door lock issue front passenger

Mar 21, 2024
Hello everybody,

I have a door lock issue with my front passenger door.

Things that I did are:

Breaking the old door lock
Replacing the old door lock
Putting in the new door lock

The problem that I have right now is that the new door lock tries to close or open itself, but it locks half if that makes sense. You can also see the door lock knob/pin going down, but sometimes the door lock knob opens half or closes half. The door normally opens right now after I press the unlock button 2 times.

I can imagine that it may be the door lock knob/pin itself. I could imagine that there may be resistance somewhere and that that is the issue of the door lock knob not coming up fully, causing the lock to not open as well because the door lock knob is stuck.

I've also read a thread where if you scan with an OBD scanner and you see an issue with "Central Door Locking" that it could be an electrical problem. I also have a code coming up, but it tells me that it is the left front side, but that door lock is fine. I will also post that code right here, but I scanned the car with Carly.

I am completely clueless what to do right now. I will try removing the door lock knob/pin tomorrow with all the hope that that is the issue of the door not unlocking the first time.

Extra information: The other doors are completely fine, the window goes also up and down, the "step-out light" also goes on when the door opens and the speakers work too.

Last edited:

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
You can get this if you install the door lock with one of the levers in the wrong position. I forget which one. Terrified me because it half locked when I was installing mine, but I moved the lever to the right position to be able to unlock it.

Reactions: robbertploum

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
By that you mean the door lock knob right? I don't know how it's called haha. The black pin that goes in the door or something like that hahaha
Yeah that thing haha. Sometimes if the bar that connects it to the lock isn't quite lined up, it can cause it to stick.