Door seal letting in water

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
So the last month I've noticed that my drivers door lets in drops of water when it's been raining. Every time I open the door after it's been raining, water drops on my seat, then I get in and it drips for the next 10 minutes or so. Also on a windy day whilst driving the wind noise is coming through the seal and creating a really annoying whistle.

Here's a pic of the weather strip on the top the door (it's moist, pic isn't great) :
2e55f16f167a7f8a18e4b939907c6331.jpg

Compared to the passenger side:
ec18570714276cf915f90cf91c229a08.jpg

Any advice welcome. Preferably I'd like to try fix it myself because my local dealership are a bunch of moron's.

Last edited:

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
I get the same thing and its fecking annoying. Drips onto the seat bolster or gap between seat and door or all over the door panel. Or on me. The area of the door panel where the window switches are is now discoloured where the drips have dried.

It seems to me that water droplets form and hang on to the lower edge of the upper a pillar and roof and opening the door sweeps them/disturbs them and some gets wiped off by that top seal you show but the rest just falls.

Answer so far is to wipe that area with my fingers and then wipe my fingers on my jeans.

hilaryj93

Nov 27, 2010
yep just noticed same problem on my 2 month old cupra

good job seat don't make submarines .....:(

happy with car but it it seems to leak & creak just like my old

mk1 cupra

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.