downpipe fitting without another remap?

Tall Paul

Hello all , was wondering if anyone could shed some light on something for me.

Ive got a downpipe and full system for my car and was wondering if it would damage the engine in any way if it was fitted but not remapped again for a while? January time at latest. im not expecting full potential from it until it has been mapped again.

the car has an performance air filter, an upgraded forge dump valve and a custom map for those parts just.

Thanks

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
It won't do it any harm whatsoever.
If its a sportscat you shouldn't even get the warning light on for emissions.
I fitted a full system to my last fr without a map and ran for about 5000 miles no problems at all.
If its a decat downpipe you will get the warning light on though

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
Has the down pipe got a cat? If not, you'll get the emissions light on, but nothing to worry about. Stage 2 codes this out.

If you have a sports cat you'll be absolutely fine.

Tall Paul

It doesnt have a cat in it, its just a straight through with a backbox. if the engine light comes on is it causing harm? im assuming it has a knock sensor to protect it to some extent. it will be stage 2+ but its a steep move to get it all at once. do leons have a safe mode it might go into? Wouldnt fancy that ! :(

Nov 25, 2011
Wolverhampton.
Nahh not for exhaust emissions it wont go into limp mode. Your only problem will be mot time of course lol.I am fitting a full milltek with decat next week to my cupra. Engine light shouldnt be on if i use this bad boy

ebay item number 2316881396

Il let you know how i get on!

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
The ebay item number doesn't work mate.
If its an o2 spacer they don't work on Renaults but I have heard they work on some of the mk5 golfs.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
It's worth a try mate it looks longer than the ones I've used.
In the listing it says the sensor detects heat but we all know its oxygen and flow.
Someone on here is running a cupra decat without a spacer on stage 1 map and only occasionally gets the warning on.
Keep us updated with your results.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2011
Wolverhampton.
It's worth a try mate it looks longer than the ones I've used.
In the listing it says the sensor detects heat but we all know its oxygen and flow.
Someone on here is running a cupra decat without a spacer on stage 1 map and only occasionally gets the warning on.
Keep us updated with your results.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Yeah they dont really sell it very well when they say things like that lol

Sounds promising then mate, will keep you all posted!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.