Dpf removal Leeds?

T3tl3y

Oct 3, 2014
Hi all, I've been searching for a few days now and would like to know if anyone has had their dpf removed in Leeds? Or can recommend anyone in Leeds / local? I want the car remapped, after some searching and speaking to jamie I've decided to go with k-tune in Barnsley! Though he said I need the dpf removed first! I have found a few companies but seem too good to be true!? £50 + vat seems too cheap!? And after coming across a few horror stories whilst searching ( companies leaving dpf in place) Has anyone successfully had theirs removed around Leeds? I wouldn't mind travelling! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Toby

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
You aren't going to get a DPF removal done for £50 unless that is simply just to unbolt it and take it off leaving you to sort out a replacement and a DPF delete from the ECU.

Also, be aware of the new MOT rules that now include a visual check for the presence of a DPF. So the only way to have them removed these days is by stealth where the original DPF is gutted and then refitted so it still looks like the car has one. The labour alone in doing that is certainly going to cost more than £50. Then you need to have the ECU reprogrammed to "delete" the DPF from the software so the ECU isn't expecting a DPF to be present in the system anymore. Having that done isn't usually a cheap job either.

T3tl3y

Oct 3, 2014
Thanks for your replies! They are appreciated! I'm pretty sure the £50 plus vat must be for the software off only! Will try Rs tuning cheers! Regarding the mot rules, do you think the milltek delete pipe would be a better option? No chance of the tester finding any welds then!? Could save a big ballache come mot time! One last question, if I were to get the milltek delete pipe, surely I would have to replace and have the ecu updated before driving!? If I fitted it, then drive to get the ecu reprogrammed this will trigger the light!? Apologies if I sound daft! Thanks again!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.