Driven a Mk5 in menorca

wolfie

Just come back from a holiday in menorca where the Mk5 is already on sale. I must have seen 50 of them over the last two weeks.

Whilst there I rented a VW Touran for the family but I persuaded the hire place to let me have a go on a Mk5. I must say that the build quality is very good but the appearance I find very uninspiring and the drive was nowhere near as fun as my Mk4 FS.

The roadholding seemed OK if a little sloppy and soft ( too soft if anything ) - I like the stiffness and teeth shattering ride on the Mk4.

I am going to wait for the Cupra before looking again.....

Poverty

drove two round the prodrive circuits yesterday (part of SEAT training) could not belive how good it is to drive. still managed to spin it through :redface:

you span a 1.6/1.9 100 odd bhp car :lol:

:p

So comparisons to the competition?

pete88

Parts Advisor for SEAT
the race driver i was with decided it would be funny to pull the handbrake up mid corner in the 1.4 sport, did not get to drive the 1.6 or 1.9 had to settle with 1.2 and 1.4

we did have to do a product compraison and it does look like it will stand very well against competition.

it is one very fun car to drive, cant wait till the Cupra and FR as i did get very tempted to get one when they release it.

Fuzzy123

I like the way the current car handles but no match for say a clio 182. The Ibiza's are fast though (torquey and very tuneable) and are much better built. Would love to see car built like the mk4 but more chuckable. Not sure about the styling of the mk5 though. Not to boast but I got to drive the new 997 round Porsche's new Silverstone track on Tuesday (perk of working for them) PDK (DSG) gearbox is brilliant. I also spun it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.