A year with the new Cupra 290

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I would have thought anything considered wear and tear with normal use wouldnt be covered though?
I had a hard job getting my wheel changed under warranty 2 weeks after purchase. Had to escalate it to global seat. Finally get it changed on Thursday. So I imagine after 4 years you've got no chance. But for £300 the extra 2 year extended warranty is a no brainer, even if you plan to sell the car as it's transferable. Has to be bought at point of order though otherwise the extended warranty is a different product and costs more.

Last edited:

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I bought an extra 2 years factory warranty with both SEATs. It covers everything the factory warranty covers. Wear and tear items are also known as consumables. Brake pads, discs, clutches, belts, filters etc, it does not exclude breakage, such as springs as was mentioned.
The critical factor is expected lifespan of a component. A spring should last more than 5 years. Leaking shocks would be up for discussion, they're problematic, because under some usage they may not last 5 years, in others they could go for 10.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I bought an extra 2 years factory warranty with both SEATs. It covers everything the factory warranty covers. Wear and tear items are also known as consumables. Brake pads, discs, clutches, belts, filters etc, it does not exclude breakage, such as springs as was mentioned.
The critical factor is expected lifespan of a component. A spring should last more than 5 years. Leaking shocks would be up for discussion, they're problematic, because under some usage they may not last 5 years, in others they could go for 10.

The option to purchase an extra one or two years factory warranty also exists in the UK. You have to purchase this at the time of ordering the car. If you don’t, then the Seat Extended Warranty that you can buy when the standard 3 year factory warranty expires is an electrical and mechanical breakdown / failure insurance product which provides less cover than the factory warranty / extended factory warranty..

Interestingly, VW stopped offering the option of buying the extra one / two years factory warranty at time of ordering the car. Maybe the cost of warranty claims made it unprofitable? Audi and Skoda still offer the option to buy the extra one or two years factory warranty.

Reactions: LouG

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
I found out at the same time that there was a recall on my car with regards to the LED headlights too, So that was done at the same time. (Recall is only associated with cars built around the same time as mine - November 2017 so I’m told).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was built November 2017 but I haven't any correspondence around this. What was the fix for?

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
The option to purchase an extra one or two years factory warranty also exists in the UK. You have to purchase this at the time of ordering the car. If you don’t, then the Seat Extended Warranty that you can buy when the standard 3 year factory warranty expires is an electrical and mechanical breakdown / failure insurance product which provides less cover than the factory warranty / extended factory warranty..

Interestingly, VW stopped offering the option of buying the extra one / two years factory warranty at time of ordering the car. Maybe the cost of warranty claims made it unprofitable? Audi and Skoda still offer the option to buy the extra one or two years factory warranty.
Skoda here are doing 5 years as standard. I see that spreading through the VAG range as most Jap/Korean brands here offer 5 - 7 years, some with free servicing.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Mine was built November 2017 but I haven't any correspondence around this. What was the fix for?

All I know is that it was related to the LED headlights. I was told that I would receive something in the post regarding a recall and to ignore it as it has now been sorted. However up to now nothing has been received.

It may be worth just popping along to your local dealer for a chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members