Driving assists - additional options appeared

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
I had a weird moment the other day, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture.

I was driving home from work the other day, I opened the Driving assist menu to turn off the auto start/stop, and not only was the S/S option greyed out (S/S was working though), but I had some additional Driving assist options/modules shown in the menu that I do not normally have, though greyed out.

My driving assist menu consist of 2 pages, 5 DA options total, but on that day there were 8 of them across 3 pages.

Like I said, S/S was greyed out but it worked, Lane assist was now travel assist but it was greyed out (could not toggle on/off), and it worked as a simple lane assist.
I cannot remember what all the others were, but I was a bit baffled how and why it all showed up...

It happened only once. After switching the car off and on again, it was back to normal again...

I am pretty sure that the car has all the necessary hardware and that it should be possible to just enable some additional options, but they just couldn't handle the potential bugs that would arise afterwards...

Anyone else noticed something like this?

BR
P

I had a weird moment the other day, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture.

I was driving home from work the other day, I opened the Driving assist menu to turn off the auto start/stop, and not only was the S/S option greyed out (S/S was working though), but I had some additional Driving assist options/modules shown in the menu that I do not normally have, though greyed out.

My driving assist menu consist of 2 pages, 5 DA options total, but on that day there were 8 of them across 3 pages.

Like I said, S/S was greyed out but it worked, Lane assist was now travel assist but it was greyed out (could not toggle on/off), and it worked as a simple lane assist.
I cannot remember what all the others were, but I was a bit baffled how and why it all showed up...

It happened only once. After switching the car off and on again, it was back to normal again...

I am pretty sure that the car has all the necessary hardware and that it should be possible to just enable some additional options, but they just couldn't handle the potential bugs that would arise afterwards...

Anyone else noticed something like this?

BR
P
Travel assist requires a different steering wheel, not fitted without travel assist

Blind spot assist/RCTA requires radars, new door cards, wiring and the associated extras

The only hardware that's standard on most of them is the ADAS camera in the windscreen and the front radar

VWAG don't fit unused hardware/wiring

Reactions: pivko11
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members