Driving Data

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
in driving data there is conv consumers which is a horizontal line half way it says 1/8 then 1/4 have looked in manual and cannot find a lot on this is it showing what electrical consumption is being consumed can any one shed any light on this please
Also in vehicle status it shows no entries cannot figure out WHY :help:

320i24v

Feb 17, 2014
This should show when you have additional consumers ( I think ).
I found it also, but it does not display any info for the moment.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
gimmick really but mine shows me if my heated seats are on or aircon or mirrors etc, and then shows how many gallons per something each uses. 1/8 for for example. I dont know if yours tell you what is individually on like mine tho

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Helps to show how much / little gas is used for each power consumer. Elsewhere here some were saying they had damp cars in winter. Air Con can be used cheaply and the consumers shows that the cost is tinyshows that

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
gimmick really but mine shows me if my heated seats are on or aircon or mirrors etc, and then shows how many gallons per something each uses. 1/8 for for example. I dont know if yours tell you what is individually on like mine tho

Identical in the Leon - I see when Heated Seats are using fuel, rear screen, etc. Air Con is shown permanently even when switched off which is a little odd though.

In terms of the 'Vehicle Status' showing 'No entries', this is correct, there should only be something displayed in there if there is a warning message or information, for example, mine shows when washer fluid is low and I've seen others where it has displayed any faults, etc.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Identical in the Leon - I see when Heated Seats are using fuel, rear screen, etc. Air Con is shown permanently even when switched off which is a little odd though.

In terms of the 'Vehicle Status' showing 'No entries', this is correct, there should only be something displayed in there if there is a warning message or information, for example, mine shows when washer fluid is low and I've seen others where it has displayed any faults, etc.

+1 on the air con thing, very strange. But mine is always on regardless.

If you do want to see something come up and you dont want to wait until you run out of fuel or water, try turning your tcs off, should bring up something

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
+1 on the air con thing, very strange. But mine is always on regardless.

If you do want to see something come up and you dont want to wait until you run out of fuel or water, try turning your tcs off, should bring up something

Its because you still have the fans on. The whole system is labeled AC.

oldbutnotwise

Mar 20, 2016
Cumbernauld
Every time I press "car" for fuel info , it always goes to this useless ( imho ) comfort consumers menu/display, first.

Is there any way to have it come up with the driving data menu, first ?

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Trying isn't it. I find it's random. Sometimes the settings stick sometimes they don't. For me it defaults to the errors page and there are none!

oldbutnotwise

Mar 20, 2016
Cumbernauld
Trying isn't it. I find it's random. Sometimes the settings stick sometimes they don't. For me it defaults to the errors page and there are none!

Yes, now I come to think about it, it does random on pressing CAR.

It also tosses a metaphoric coin in the air, to decide if the nearside mirror is going to return to it's pre-reversing position , or not. . :starwars:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
It also tosses a metaphoric coin in the air, to decide if the nearside mirror is going to return to it's pre-reversing position , or not. . :starwars:

Guessing you have a MY13 or MY14 car. Unfortunately don't think there was ever a fix released for this.

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
Every time I press "car" for fuel info , it always goes to this useless ( imho ) comfort consumers menu/display, first.

Is there any way to have it come up with the driving data menu, first ?

I was under the impression that if the driving mode was in ECO then this screen appear by default when you pressed the CAR button for the first time on that journey. After that it stays on previous setting.
I could be wrong as I haven't been particularly analytical about it...

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

oldbutnotwise

Mar 20, 2016
Cumbernauld
I was under the impression that if the driving mode was in ECO then this screen appear by default when you pressed the CAR button for the first time on that journey. After that it stays on previous setting.
I could be wrong as I haven't been particularly analytical about it...

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

That could be correct, as I've been even less analytical ( some would say random ) about it. .

I'll try that out tonight. Many thanks. :happy:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.