Coolant temperature going down when driving

Jan 15, 2024
Hi,
I have 2019 Seat Leon Se Dynamic Tsi Evo and it takes a long time for the engine coolant to warm up (around 15 minutes when stationary). However, once it reaches around 80/90 degrees it drops back down to 50 degrees when driving.

I am suspecting the issue being with the thermostat, however when looking for thermostats for my vehicle I cannot find any compatible.

Anybody have any recommendations or have had this issue in the past?

Thanks

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Hi,
I have 2019 Seat Leon Se Dynamic Tsi Evo and it takes a long time for the engine coolant to warm up (around 15 minutes when stationary). However, once it reaches around 80/90 degrees it drops back down to 50 degrees when driving.

I am suspecting the issue being with the thermostat, however when looking for thermostats for my vehicle I cannot find any compatible.

Anybody have any recommendations or have had this issue in the past?

Thanks
Could be the thermostat misbehaving/sticking. Not sure if you have the electronic switchable water pump on your car. They can play up as well.

Have you put your reg in here: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/

You must be able to find an OEM part number and find what you need somewhere.

Jan 15, 2024
Could be the thermostat misbehaving/sticking. Not sure if you have the electronic switchable water pump on your car. They can play up as well.

Have you put your reg in here: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/

You must be able to find an OEM part number and find what you need somewhere.
Hi

Thanks for the reply, i put my number plate in the website you provided but still it says there are 0 results for thermostats for my car. I guess ill have to find the OEM part number. I just find it weird that no results come up for a thermostat for my vehicle and wondering if my vehicle even has one lol.

redone

Nov 28, 2023
ebay or amazon have ‘check compatibility with your car’ functions where the results are supposed to fit?

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
ebay or amazon have ‘check compatibility with your car’ functions where the results are supposed to fit?
Unfortunately I've found the ebay compatibility checker very, very inaccurate. Far safer in these cases to go to the dealer - at least if the wrong one is supplied there is a comeback

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.