Dual Exit exhaust- Rieger diffuser

Good-Vibrations FR

May 12, 2020
Hi all,

couldn’t find a definitive answer on the other forums so looking for some clarity.

im due to have a dual exit exhaust system put in on my Mk3 FR pre facelift. I have a rieger dual exit diffuser which is also going to go on, however the company fitting my exhaust says the diffuser needs to go on first with the old double tip exit on the left side still in place?

I’ve seen a few chaps on here with the same diffuser and dual exit tips, but it won’t fit with the current double tip exit? What is the way round this or will I need to find a company that can take the current exhaust off, fit the new ones and then apply the diffuser?
Any advice greatly appreciated :)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
They need it on to line up where the tips are going. Just remove the backbox on the day you are taking it and install the diffuser

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Are you going from the stock FR (dual exhaust single exit) like so:
1600077856158.png
to new diffuser (twin split exhaust)/
1600077923450.png

I guess it may depend on where the cutout is on the diffuser you would want to install, but if it's meant for the Leon, it should alreayd line up with the respective exhaust system. If I understood correctly, you are also changing the exhaust system from left exist (dual) to twin split exit as per the pics?

Good-Vibrations FR

May 12, 2020
Are you going from the stock FR (dual exhaust single exit) like so: View attachment 18228 to new diffuser (twin split exhaust)/ View attachment 18229
I guess it may depend on where the cutout is on the diffuser you would want to install, but if it's meant for the Leon, it should alreayd line up with the respective exhaust system. If I understood correctly, you are also changing the exhaust system from left exist (dual) to twin split exit as per the pics?
Correct, going from the first picture to the second one. Just spoke to a body shop who have said simply removing the current tips in order to fit the diffuser is the best option, that way it is still drivable for the day or two previous to getting the new system installed

Good-Vibrations FR

May 12, 2020
They need it on to line up where the tips are going. Just remove the backbox on the day you are taking it and install the diffuser
Thanks for the reply, I don’t have the intention of keeping the back box or the tips anyway so going to get them removed the day previous to the new system going in and the diffuser installed after that :)

CupraTOC

Apr 1, 2015
Hi all,

couldn’t find a definitive answer on the other forums so looking for some clarity.

im due to have a dual exit exhaust system put in on my Mk3 FR pre facelift. I have a rieger dual exit diffuser which is also going to go on, however the company fitting my exhaust says the diffuser needs to go on first with the old double tip exit on the left side still in place?

I’ve seen a few chaps on here with the same diffuser and dual exit tips, but it won’t fit with the current double tip exit? What is the way round this or will I need to find a company that can take the current exhaust off, fit the new ones and then apply the diffuser?
Any advice greatly appreciated :)

I had this issue last year. I ended up having to use an angle grinder to cut off the inside exhaust tip to allow fitment of the new diffuser thus allowing fitment of my dual exit milltek cat back. However, the hot exhaust gases will be blowing directly onto the back of the new diffuser so I wrapped the edge of it with thick layers of tin foil to deflect the heat from the cut exhaust.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members