E-Hybrid Electric Range

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Just looking for other people's experiences about the range they get using E-mode only.

Seat claim 42 miles, most car reviews claim realistically about 30-35 miles whereas I achieve around 22 miles.

When I charge the car to 100% the quoted range is 26 miles but in the first couple of miles of driving this drops normally 5 or 6 miles.

What sort of range do you get? Is their an optimal speed/driving style that extends the range closer to the quoted figures?

Fuskeduske

Feb 7, 2022
In the winter i get about 40-45km per charge ( with aircon/heater ) with an approximately speed of 60km/h
In the summer on a good day i can go about 73km on a charge with an approximately speed of 60km/h

Do you have aircon on? Have you looked into the e-hybrid manager menu, it shows which things can be disabled to achieve greater range

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
73 Km equals 45 miles. Are you driving downhill all the way? Even Seat only gives a maximum real life range of 37 miles in ideal conditions.
In London rush hour traffic my one does around 21 - 23 miles in the really cold weather and goes up to about 26 - 28 in the summer. On a run, I get around 28 - 32 in the cold and between 30 - 35 in the warmer weather. These cold figures are achieved with the heater off, heated seats and steering wheel on and when on a run, driving at various speed limits of 50, 60 and 70 mph.
It's really hard to compare the range as we don't drive the same routes with the same traffic conditions and we all have different driving styles. Ignore the GOM range, my one drops 3 - 5 miles after only driving for 1 mile.
I would say the biggest killers of range are:-
1. Steep uphill sections
2. Fast speeds, there's a notable difference between 70 to 80 mph and 60 mph
3. Very cold weather. It helps to set a departure time with heater on whilst the car is still plugged in.

Last edited:

Fuskeduske

Feb 7, 2022
73 Km equals 45 miles. Are you driving downhill all the way? Even Seat only gives a maximum real life range of 37 miles in ideal conditions.
In London rush hour traffic my one does around 21 - 23 miles in the really cold weather and goes up to about 26 - 28 in the summer. On a run, I get around 28 - 32 in the cold and between 30 - 35 in the warmer weather. These cold figures are achieved with the heater off, heated seats and steering wheel on and when on a run, driving at various speed limits of 50, 60 and 70 mph.
It's really hard to compare the range as we don't drive the same routes with the same traffic conditions and we all have different driving styles. Ignore the GOM range, my one drops 3 - 5 miles after only driving for 1 mile.
I would say the biggest killers of range are:-
1. Steep uphill sections
2. Fast speeds, there's a notable difference between 70 to 80 mph and 60 mph
3. Very cold weather. It helps to set a departure time with heater on whilst the car is still plugged in.

Not at all, just plain old driving :)

I have 30km to and from work and if i drive really good i can have almost 60% back when i hit work at the best times, however i am drafting a lot

Markessex

Dec 2, 2021
The best I have done was last week when weather warm and got 28 miles driving around london

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Thanks so much for all your replies. Most of my driving on E-mode is within town. I don't know about you but when using E-mode I seem to drive like an old lady trying to achieve the maximum range possible but still seem to find it drains pretty quick.

Motorway driving seems to really kill the range for me for every 1 mile I do on a motorway I seem to drop around 2 miles in range. Again I try and be as gentle as possible with acceleration and then hit cruise control at 70mph (looks like I should maybe change that to 60mph)

The warmer weather can't come soon enough, although warm for us here is only about 18 degrees 😂

Deleted member 133570

Mine also shows a range of 26miles when charged to 100%.
The warm weather the other week, I notice a huge difference whereby the range just dont drop as much.

I’ve given up on the range now and just drive as I do normally. I would say I can achieve approx 20 to 26miles with the latter being in warm uk weather

Apr 4, 2022
Regularly get about 28 miles, Have done 32 once.
Car mode set to ECO with no aircon or heating & regenerative braking on full.

SEALen1

Apr 18, 2021
Sweden
To get better range in wintertime you should use the departure function. Set the departure time before you plug in the car (or it will start charging at once). You can set this both in the infotainment and in the connect app. The battery should of course be less than full. It will then charge the car to 100% just before the set time (and also heat the inside if you wish). This will make the batteries quite a bit warmer. Anything below 10'C outside and this will help.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
To get better range in wintertime you should use the departure function. Set the departure time before you plug in the car (or it will start charging at once). You can set this both in the infotainment and in the connect app. The battery should of course be less than full. It will then charge the car to 100% just before the set time (and also heat the inside if you wish). This will make the batteries quite a bit warmer. Anything below 10'C outside and this will help.

That is a brilliant bit of advice thanks. Hopefully now we are coming into summer I won't need to worry about it for a while, but will think more about this come winter time.

As I'm getting more used to the car and using the advice given here I have seen a definite improvement in range. I am now regularly getting around 30+ miles from the car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members